x

Can I use 2 cash drawers with 1 point of sale?

I am wondering if I can use 2 cash drawers with 1 point of sale. This would allow me to have tighter cash management when I have multiple employees in the store.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @ryan1

There isn't currently a way to set this up, but I can see how that would be useful for you. 

We do appreciate feedback and I will be sure to share this with out Product Liaison Team. Thanks!

Message 2 of 5

I'd also love to see this.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

I worked 15 years in a retail environment that sometimes had up to 10 or more employees using the same drawer.  If you are going to have issues it will present itself pretty fast.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Ryan1! I have done this in my restaurant... like you... in order to keep a tighter cash management..

So in order to have to cash drawers you need to have 2 reciept printers to drive them ...i use 2 star tsp100iii  reciept printers... I assign only one Ipad to the second printer and its corresponding drawer and delete the other printer in the ipad... and boom second register as long as cash tracking is turned on. I treat is as an easier way to carry a bank for servers than to actually have them carry around cash with a little stricter accountability when its only their hand is in the till during a shift.

Message 5 of 5