x

Can I use a printer as kitchen printer AND a receipt printer?

I run a small food truck and space is tight. I would like to use a single printer to mainly print out kitchen tickets (since most customers either don’t want a receipt or choose to have one texted) but in the event that a customer asks for a copy of the receipt, I would like to use that same printer to print a customer copy. Would this be possible? If anything, I can just have it set up to print a receipt after every order (even if the customer selects “no receipt” on the screen) and we would use this receipt to build their plate (as a kitchen printer) and also be able to print a duplicate copy in case the customer requests a copy. Would this be possible? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@Marcos_23 ;

I tried this with Mine printer and can use it for multiple reasons.  Square Recommends using a Impact printer for in a Kitchen environment because the printouts can withstand heat better that the normal Thermal printed receipts which would turn black from the heat.  The problem here is that the Recommended Impact Printer can not print Receipts according to Square.

/5194-print-order-tickets 

Looking at the picture (under Important Note) in this article you can see that 2 of the designated printer types are ON and 2 are toggled Off. Which shows that one printer can be used for more than one reason.  

My Receipt Printer I have toggled to print receipts Manually because most of my customers do not want a paper receipt also.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2