x

Can I use multiple Square readers with the same Square account?

I new in this and I would like to use 2 square readers with the same bank account? Can I?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 88
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great questions! 👍

You can definitely do this. You will just need to download the Square Point of Sale app onto each mobile device, and sign in using the same Square account (username and password). The readers don't actually have any account information tied to them - the app is the brains of the operation. 

Hope this helps!  

This post was edited by a moderator in October 2020.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
Admin

Hey @KaylaJohnSquare POS is the Square Point of Sale app. Can you explain in a little more detail what you're experiencing?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 43 of 88

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can multiple devices & multiple Square Readers work with a single Square account?

I don't have an account yet. What I'm wondering is can I and my business partner each use our own phones with separate readers for the same account?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 44 of 88
Super Seller Alumni

The answer is YES. After you have your account set up with Square you must log in to your account. You can log in with your phone, your business partners phone, an iPad etc. As long as you are logged in you are ready to go! Hope this helps.

Message 45 of 88

We tried this but couldnt sign in on her phone

Message 46 of 88

How do I get the APP on my cell phone.  I signed up yesterday for a new account.  I got a new phone I-6 as well and when they transferred my info to the new phone they took the Square off of my apps.

Help me with this.  Myrtle Pilgreen

Message 47 of 88
Super Seller

If you post means an iPhone 6 follow this link 

Square Register - Point of Sale (POS) System by Square, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/8pB_t.i

Message 48 of 88
Square

@leemarie - Were you able to use this link to get the app downloaded? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 49 of 88

Thank you Ron, you are a true blessing.  Will say and offer a rosary for you today.  Leemarie

Message 50 of 88
Super Seller Alumni

My pleasure. 🙂

Message 51 of 88

Can two people be logged in simultaneously on different phones?

Message 52 of 88
Square

Hi @aadornato1133 and welcome to the Seller Community! You can be logged in on as many devices as you'd like. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Message 53 of 88

If you have multiple users logged in on multiple devices, can you see open tickets on each other's device?  

Message 54 of 88
Super Seller

Yes, just make sure open tickets is turned on in settings.  We use this all the time.

Message 55 of 88

Will the app be downloaded to both my iPhone and iPad? I chose to put in my # but realize I need it on my iPad?

what to do?

Message 56 of 88

My friend lost their reader, can they use my spare? Will it go to their account and not mine if they use my reader? 

Message 57 of 88
Super Seller

@EKVeysey readers are not connected to an account.  all that matters is they are logged into their account and all will be fine.

Message 58 of 88

I already have one square system. (stand, cash drawer, reciept printer, chip reader)

Can an additional system communicate with the original system in my bar? For example, can a ticket be opened on one system, and then viewed/modified on the second system?

Message 59 of 88
Super Seller

yes, it can.  the new device will download your data from the cloud on sign in.  and yes open tickets are viewable on any device logged into your account as long as you turn on open tickets in the settings of the iPad or iPhone.

Message 60 of 88

how does this work with the 2 step verification?

Message 61 of 88
Admin

@markwh 

Welcome to the Community and good question.

The main account owner will get the notification that someone has logged in using that email address. They will just need to provide you with the code to verify it is allowed.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 62 of 88

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Square ok to use on dual devices?" The author has been notified via email.

I have the square app on iPad can I use the square device on iPhone once I downloaded the app on my iPhone without re-registering bank account an all that. My iPhone is compatible. 

Message 63 of 88