x

Can an item be marked as non-discountable?

I'm wondering if there is a way to mark an item so that NO discount can apply to it. As a non-profit, we use a variable-priced item as a way for customers to round up their purchases to support our organization. As Square has yet to add a "round-up" feature, we do this manually. It works, but sometimes when a discount has been applied, the round-up amount is also discounted and it's confusing to cashiers and customers when their round-up no longer rounds up to the next dollar amount. If anyone is aware of a way to mark this item so that no discount is applied, can you help me out? If there isn't, Square, I see a need for this (as well as a round-up feature, which it seems customers have been asking for, and some competitors already have).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @HFHWFC

Welcome back to the Community.

Right now, there isn't a way to set an item as "No Discount". The best option to accomplish this would be to add the specific items you wish to the discount details. 

Other than that, I can send this feedback over to our Product Team to look into adding a "round up" feature and a "No Discount" item list. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2