x

Can my mobile and web stores be shown separately using Square for Woocommerce?

We use Woocommerce for our online store and Square for mobile sales. We are considering using the new Square extension. Will I be able to see sales for the 2 "stores" individually using the extension? For example, will I be able to easily see what sold on March 2nd via our Ipad on the road, then check to see what sold via our website on March 2nd separately? 

I am sure there are more questions to ask but that is all for now.

thanks! 

Doug

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @shilohplace, welcome to the seller community! 👋🏻

Good question—if I'm understanding what you're needing to do correctly, I can think of a few ways of tracking these sales from Square's end:

1. Track Payments by Device — This option will allow you to download a report that indicates which device was used to process a payment.
  2. Sales Reporting by Location — You could assign on location to your online store, and the other to the device that's being used on the road. With that, you'll be able to view payment activity by selecting the appropriate location in your online Square Dashboard.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. @Woo_Phil, any chance there's anything to add from WooCommerce's side in terms of tracking/viewing sales activity online that would help determine where sales were processed?

Please let me know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

Tom, thanks. I think the location option will do exactly what I am looking for. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 5
Partner

Hey @shilohplace

When the WooCommerce Square extension was made, Square didn't support sharing detailed order information through their API. As a result, you will not see orders made on WooCommerce in your Square account. You can see the transactions your WooCommerce site sends to your Square account for processing, however those reports will not include the item name (as again Square did not support this functionality).

Square has been working on building a new API that has more features in it. As a result, we (the WooCommerce team) are looking to re-write the plugin to make use of new features. That likely won't be ready until later this year though.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for checking in with those details, @Woo_Phil. Appreciate your time!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5