x

Can we have multiple locations that are different POS types

I setup a square account for our school for our cafe.  The cafe is just using Square POS.  The bookstore wants to use square now as well, but needs to use the Square for Retail Plus.  

Can I just setup a new location for the bookstore so its under the same school and it use Retail Plus or can't square do that?

I'm guessing I have to setup a whole new account just for the bookstore?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@cashxx ;

What Hardware are you using for the Cafe and what Hardware will you use for the Library?

With the Square Stand you choose the Square app(s) to install.  The Grey Square app icon is for POS, and the Green Square icon is for Square for Retail.  On my android cell phone and tablet I can only install Square for Pos for taking payments.  As for a Square Register system I see that it can use both POS and Square for Retail so you should be fine there too.

With my Square Stand I can switch between POS and Square for Retail.... but 99.9% of the time we leave it on Square for Retail.

So No you do not need another account for just the Library.   I can run 2 Square stands and one is on Square POS and one using Square for Retail if I want to. 

For more information you can read this :

6733-getting-started-with-square-for-retail-on-square-register 

Especially the part about Access Square for Retail on your Register if you are using Square Register.  Says you can switch back to Square Pos on it too.

The only thing is with one account both The Cafe and the Library will have access to your full inventory, not sure if that is good or bad for you.  To avoid that you may need to setup 2 Locations under your 1 account, 1 for Library and 1 for Cafe and only have the food items available for sale at the cafe and books in the library.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 5

We currently have two Square Registers in the Cafe.   Was looking at a Square Register for the bookstore as well.  I'd like to keep them split as much as possible.  It didn't seem like they would be that split being different locations to me but could be wrong.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@cashxx ;

Well if you want to keep everything split as much as possible you could create a 2nd account just for the Library and that would have everything separate.

Here is a video and shows from Square how they can be Split even down to different bank accounts.

Locations Video 

With one account you can enter all items in your Item Library and then choose which locations sell the item.

Items Library  go to about 38 seconds to see how to sell items at different locations

When putting in Food items to sell you would have to select which location sells these items same with the Library system.

I just do not know which would be better, having multiple Square locations for your Schools Accounting or Multiple Square Accounts for them to manage.  

I am just trying to let you know both are possibilities.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 5

Yea, what I'm trying to decide here!  Thanks for the replies/info!

Message 5 of 5