x

Inventory for self and stores and barcodes

I sell in multiple locations that use square. I am also on Etsy and will soon be doing shows. I want to add barcodes for myself and the stores I sell at. How do I get the barcode/sku information to the stores who also use square got their inventory and mine? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @CharitysCharms

Welcome to the Community. 

Creating your own barcode system wouldn't be a problem, you can take a look at this Support Article for the step by step instructions to get them set up. 

When working with the other locations that use Square, that can be tricky. It would depend on the seller's set up, subscriptions, hardware, etc. Also, do you know if they have a barcode system with their own inventory? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@CharitysCharmsthe article mentioned by @Kassi_ is a great resource. Square lets you add and print barcodes for your inventory. You can also choose to setup and print your barcodes manually, however it's a bit more work getting this setup. As far as SKU numbers, you can pick/choose your own SKU and other stores will be able to scan that barcode and input your SKU into their Square inventory. The only warning is this...if you create a barcode that the other store already has in their system, there will be a conflict. Every store's item has to have a unique barcode. So just keep that in mind when creating your SKUs.

If you ever plan to sell to national retailers, those most likely require very individual SKUs or UPC codes, and most will require you to purchase your own unique UPC codes. There are many articles on line about this, so do a quick search. But if you are only selling to smaller, independent boutiques and stores, you should be okay to make up your own unique SKUs to print on your barcodes.

Message 3 of 3