x

Can you have multiple websites on Weebly that collect payments using the same square account?

Can you have multiple websites on Weebly that collect payments using the same square account?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Got it! Thanks for clarifying that, @conrad1

One workaround here would be to create multiple locations within your Square account. That would give you the ability to create a separate Online Store with its own domain. Sales would continue to deposit into your same bank account, since both sites would be linked under the 'umbrella' of your one Square account.

Let me know if that makes sense! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @conrad1,

You are only allowed one website per account. Other things can be done though, a couple clarifying questions:

• What would be the reason for having two websites?
  • Are you using it for the same business or a different location? 
  • Would you want to bring other domains to a central site?
Message 2 of 11

Hi @mattd ,

• Same Business, but a different brand
  • No i want two separate domains that route back to the same square account and then push the money to the same bank account
Message 3 of 11

Best Answer

Got it! Thanks for clarifying that, @conrad1

One workaround here would be to create multiple locations within your Square account. That would give you the ability to create a separate Online Store with its own domain. Sales would continue to deposit into your same bank account, since both sites would be linked under the 'umbrella' of your one Square account.

Let me know if that makes sense! 

Joe
Message 4 of 11

Looks like @Joe got this one. 👍 Let us know if any other questions come up. 

Cheers!

Message 5 of 11

Thanks @Joe ! Super helpful to know that. Once you create a new location. How do you make two separate online store domains appear? Right now, it keeps routing me to my old location domain.

Again, thanks for all the help on this.

Message 6 of 11

No problem at all, @conrad1! Glad we were able to help! In regards to your domain for your second location, you should be to add and edit directly from the General Settings tab > Site Address > Customize. 

Let me know if this gets you where you need to be! 

Joe
Message 7 of 11

Does that get rid of the old domain? Or does it just create a brand new domain when you toggle between the two different locations?

Message 8 of 11

Hi @Conrad! This will give you the opportunity to make a completely new domain, which will differentiate the two Online Stores from one another.

If you'd like us to walk you through the process, feel free to reach out to our Support Team as well! We are here to help. 

Joe
Message 9 of 11

This is not correct, I just talked with customer service and there is no way for someone with one Square account, that pays for a second location, to have a second website with a different domain as the first. The only way to get a second website is to setup a an entirely new account and rebuild the item library and then set up a new website 

Message 10 of 11

Can someone let me know how this got resolved?  I see two different answers - you can not have two (or more) separate domains that link back to same square account using "store location " and one that says you can.

???

Message 11 of 11