x
Beta Member

Can you *not* block extra time after business hours?

Hello,

I'm new to Square Appointments and I was setting up services with the Block Extra Time feature, which is helpful to give us a transition period between appointments. However, I'm running into a bit of a problem.

I have appointments scheduled on the half hour and we close at 7 PM. I'd like to be able to schedule a 1 hour appointment from 6 PM to 7 PM, but if I have the Block Extra Time setting turned on for any duration, it won't allow me to make a 6 PM appointment because I guess it's adding the extra time to the appointment, so it doesn't consider it to be a 1 hour appointment. But since we close at 7 PM, I don't really need to block the extra time after a 1 hour appointment because we're closed anyway. So as it stands, my last appointment of the day has to be at 5:30 PM instead of 6 PM.

There doesn't seem to be any way around this, so I was wondering if other people are running into this situation and how they are handling it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I was able to go under Staff and adjust Staff Member Hours past the store closing time to allow for the Block Extra Time feature to work. This works perfect because my store hours don't change.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @joansbridal-

Based on your post, it sounds like you'll need to adjust your availability to 6:15pm (if your block time is 15 minutes) in order for this feature to work properly for you. Let me know if that works! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I already tried that, but that also changes my posted business hours on the booking site.  I'd rather not give people the impression that we are open longer than we actually are. And my Square business hours would be inconsistent with information we have posted everywhere else.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hey there @joansbridal

Stepping in for Isabelle. If the workaround she suggested above doesn't work for you, call our Appointments Team, They will guide you through the proper settings for the Block Extra Time feature so it won't affect your biz hours on your booking site. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Oh! That would be great. That's exactly what I need. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Best Answer

I was able to go under Staff and adjust Staff Member Hours past the store closing time to allow for the Block Extra Time feature to work. This works perfect because my store hours don't change.

Message 6 of 6