x

Can you print more than one order ticket?

Using square on a food truck.  they order 3 different kinds of pizzas--would like to print 3 tickets to staple onto 3 pizza rounds

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Beta Member

Could you please explain this in a little more detail? Will this allow us to print (for example)  3 separate drink tickets (make tickets) from the same order ticket (same customer payment), on the same printer (same station)?

Message 43 of 56

You can only print separate tickets to different categories. We have cold drinks, bar, hot drinks and cabinet food categories that now print as separate tickets from one printer even if they are in the same customer sale.

Message 44 of 56

@allanw Could you share how you got seperate tickets for different catagories? You just set up the same printer several times then go into each catagory and....?

I have a coffee shop with the same problem - we have tea, coffee and frozen drinks. There are seperate baristas who need to make the drinks, but Square only prints 1 order ticket per customer. I end up having all 3 baristas run to the front, take the ticket, then cross out what they are making.

It's so inefficient.

During a weekend rush, you wouldn't believe how many duplicate drinks we were making. I was internally screaming with fustration. Thank you!

Message 45 of 56

Create a printer station for each catagory  (or group of catagories) you want a seperate ticket for. The printer satations can use the same printer, this will cut the tickets into separate catagories.

Message 46 of 56
Beta Member

Thank you. It worked beautifully. Now I can print each tickect for each item on customer order list.

Message 47 of 56

Hi @SabaGolden , did you get the printers to print each item on the customer list separately? 

Thanks

Message 48 of 56
Beta Member

2017??? 52 people asking for it, and prob many more who don’t ask for it that need it. It’s a necessity for running a busy cafe or restaurant.  

Surely it must be getting to the top of the product enhancement list.  Do we need to rally votes from the community to make this happen?

I would suggest re evaluating your product prioritization system.  Maybe the Product Manager needs to visit a busy venue.

Jacqui

Message 49 of 56

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to send one item to 2 printers and have them print different message?

I run a sushi bar and have 2 printers (1 at sushi bar and 1 at kitchen). Some items require

to send to both sushi bar and kitchen to make, ie shrimp tempura roll. I want Sushi bar to receive order ‘shrimp tempura roll’ and kitchen to receive order ‘2 fried shrimp’. So the kitchen will fried 2 shrimp to send to sushi bar to make shrimp tempura roll. 

How can I achieve that with square?

Message 50 of 56
Admin

Hello @Vmeevmee! The workaround in this thread to use Open Tickets might help. However, there isn't a way to send a different message. You could try adjusting the item names so that it's clear that the kitchen is making the shrimp and the sushi bar is making the roll only.

It might help to call our CS team so they can walk you through your options!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 51 of 56

Yes you can print 2 open tickets

Just need to setup the printer twice.

e.g

1st Printer: "FrontofHouse": set to print orders and receipts etc..

2nd printer: "Order": Set to print only orders

Turn both on

When you settle a transaction the order will print on the first printer and then the second will print the order again

🙂

Message 52 of 56
Alumni

@johnnypeesscl - coming in strong with the assist 💪  Thanks for chiming in! 

@Tammy1 I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 53 of 56
Beta Member

When I split a check into multiple checks

how can I print all the checks at the same time!?

now my employee has to print each at a time. 

Message 54 of 56
Alumni

Bulk printing checks/tickets is not supported at the moment. @sbrockz

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 55 of 56
Beta Member

Can this be raised as a feature request @JustinC 

This was offered in our old POS system and every POS system offers this request.

Being a Restaurant App we need this feature, I understand it may not be required for a coffee shop or cafe.

Thank you

Message 56 of 56