x

Can you print more than one order ticket?

Using square on a food truck.  they order 3 different kinds of pizzas--would like to print 3 tickets to staple onto 3 pizza rounds

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Beta Member

The problem with the customer receipt is that everything is on it (drinks etc) & it doesn't print as clearly nor as boldly as the open tickets do. In the kitchen we get accustomed to seeing it a certain way. We run into this problem quite often if the internet is down, printer not powered on etc.

I've also noticed that Android device's print terribley. Is there any fix for this? I've tried every device setting & have the same problem with 2 android devices while the Iphones, Ipads & mini's work great. 

Since I've got your ear I'm also curious about what determines the register lay-out. With the Iphone it's just the library listing so you have to look everything up. The I pads are larger so you can display your custom item set-ups (square icons). So I bought this smaller Samsung 7" to try & it has the square's laid out but as stated above, doesn't print well. One of my waitresses has a Iphone 6s & the square lay-out is not an option. Anyone out there using a 6sPlus with any better luck?

Message 22 of 56

I am highly interested in a solution that would allow us to print kitchen tickets on demand. I have a restaurant with an iPad, Square stand, contactless/chip reader, cash drawer, and USB printer. I added an additional iPad mini to take orders at the tables. When I finish taking the order, I save the open ticket but have to use the iPad to print the ticket. Currently I see no way to print the kitchen ticket for the first time in this scenario. Would I have to ditch my USB printer and invest in an Ethernet model? Or need to have a separate Ethernet kitchen printer that would handle all kitchen tickets in the future?

Message 23 of 56

I would also be interested in a way to reprint kitchen tickets.  We occasionally have an issue where the ticket sometimes doesn't print, so it would be nice to have a way to manually send a reprint to the kitchen.  Our workaround is to print a bill and take it to the kitchen, but the customer bill is not very reader-friendly in the kitchen.

Message 24 of 56
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to share your workaround, @ajk2050 — I'll be sure to flag your experience with our Product Liaison team.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed any issue in particular that may prevent the kitchen ticket from printing out (e.g. printer runs out of paper, wifi connection)? I'd like to pass along that feedback as well. Keep in touch for updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 25 of 56

I echo the requirement needs to be able to reprint items to separate tickets based on items out of the same printer so I can take drink order and food orders to different stations for filling without necessarily needing new printers...

Message 26 of 56

Printing an order ticket for each category is deal breaker for us.

We have two printers, one at the POS station and one in the kitchen.

The POS printer needs to print separate orders for drinks, cabinet food and coffee. These orders a handled by different staff but only a few meters apart, we should not need separate printers.

Message 27 of 56
Alumni

Hey @allanw - Thanks for chiming in. Our Product team is definitely still tracking feedback on this. In the meantime, Spenser's workaround may be a temporary solution to keeping only one printer in your station.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 28 of 56

Yes - it is very common for a kitchen printer to be momentarily down (offline).  Coule be network issues, out of paper, etc.

I HAVE NOTICED that if you "Save" an Open Ticket when the kitchen printer is offline, IT WILL NOT PRINT once the printer comes back online. The only way to ensure the kitchen gets a ticket for the order is to use the "Print Bill" workaround (which is really not satisfactory, btw). 

A simple "reprint ticket" option would resolve this issue ... and all other POS systems have this option.

PLEASE UPDATE us as to whether or not this is going to be available any time soon.

Thanks!

Message 29 of 56
Square Community Moderator

@notpaul Thanks for sharing your interest and feedback with this. I don't have anything new to report on this as of right now, but I'll be sure to chime back in if any updates occur. 

Message 30 of 56

How about now? Any updates? Our restaurant desperately needs an option to print multiple copies of itemized receipts when printing to keep track of what the delivery drivers are charging customers. Thank you.

Message 31 of 56
Admin

Hey @Erad13, sorry for the delayed response here. I went to check on this and we do not have any updates on this request. I'll be sure to point out that this feature is vital for keeping track of delivery at your restaurant. While I realize the they require added steps, hopefully the workarounds will help in the meantime.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 32 of 56

As a partial work around for us we enter orders in category groups then cut up tickets to hand around to stations. Sometimes it is not possible manually group the entry, can Square be modified to print order tickets and bills with category grouping. This would help a lot.

Message 33 of 56

Hi @allanw, I'm curious to know your exact work flow here. 

When you say "enter orders in category groups", does that mean you're entering drinks all at once then printing and handing off etc.? 

Message 34 of 56

Yes if we can. Orders taken at tables with docket books can be entered in category groups and printed using save ticket. If customers come to the POS station to order (we are somewhere between a café and restaurant) we enter in the order they order then have a problem. See my post of ‎09-06-2017

Message 35 of 56

@allanw I see. Hopefully we can get some sort of solution for you all in the near future. 

We'll check back with our Product Team to see if there's anything new that's come up. 

Message 36 of 56
Beta Member

Ive been asking this same question for 3+ years now. Whats up square???! It seems that everyone needs the ability to print a separate order ticket (or make ticket) for each entre item. It shouldnt be SO hard, right? We still take orders with pen and paper like its the year 2010... but seriously whats the status here? Anybody actually working on this yet?

Message 37 of 56

I am new to square and this is essential functionality for my business, as well! Please create a simple way to print one item per ticket, if desired so the "ticket" can be used as a label -- thank you!!

Message 38 of 56
Admin

Hi @drg, welcome to the seller community and thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We don't have anything new to share on this request at this time but I'll be sure to surface your label requirement with our Point of Sale team. Please keep in touch.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 39 of 56

Is there any update on this? Does Square Restaraunt have this functionality? We need this for our coffee shop in our store, which is across the building, and it's how the sale gets communicated to our employees. Please let me know! Thanks!

Message 40 of 56
Beta Member

You should be able to do this by setting up additional Printer Stations "Create Printer Station". (as many as you'd like) & select only the category you want printed like Drinks. You can assign any existing printer with-out having to buy a new printer for each station.

Message 41 of 56

Just tried this, it works 🙂 

Message 42 of 56