x

Cannot connect Facebook to Square

I recently set up a Square website and have not been able to connect my Facebook and Instagram Page. I switched my website from Wix where I had a product catalog and was able to use IG shoppable tags.

I get an error message "ad account to allowed to create Pixel". Square support has told me its on the FB end but they told me they couldn't help, I was on my own to figure it out. The reason I switched to Square was because they promote the IG and FB integration. Otherwise I would have stayed with Wix.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

HI, You may need to disconnect to connect.  Disconnect the old.  Connect the new.  Square is not able to do that for you.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 9

I will give that a try and let you know if that works.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9

I disconnected my old catalog and am still not able to connect.

Message 4 of 9

HI, have you tried a different browser?  or It may just need to unsync.  All your previous items need to be removed so it may take a bit before it can recognize a new connection.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 5 of 9

A different browser didn't work either. I will give it some time and try again.

Message 6 of 9

After a day still not working. Any other suggestions?

Message 7 of 9

Did you ever get this issue worked out.  I am having the same issue.  I have been going back and forth between FB and Square online since March 2021, still do not have my website connected to FB and IG, so still cannot sell on either.

Would love to know if/how this issue was resolved for you.

Thank you

Message 8 of 9

Any updates on this?? I was connected but my catalog stopped syncing in February due to "missing micro data" and have yet to get it worked out.  I tried disconnecting my Facebook to try to reconnect and now I can't even reconnect my Facebook.  I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this.  

Message 9 of 9