x

Card declined

I swiped a card it went through and then it came up later as declined. How do I get my money and how do I find the transaction 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

@Mspat08 - Sorry to hear that. Unsuccessful transactions - including cancellations and declines - are found in the Transactions Status Report.

I wish there was a way to push this payment through, but once a payment is declined we’re unable to retroactively process it. You’ll need to reach out to your customer directly to collect this payment again to receive the funds.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

How can I contact the customer 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Mspat08 -

Stepping in for Justin! The only way to contact a customer after the sale is if the opted to add their information to a Customer Profile or view their email address on their receipt. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 6

How can I view the receipt to get the customer's information?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Adkinsonfarm - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you!

If there’s a profile for the customer in your directory, you’re able to reach out by sending them a Direct Message right from your online Square Dashboard.

If you didn’t send an email receipt and don’t have the cardholder’s contact information, you may have to wait for your customer to contact you.

If you’d like to make sure you can always contact a customer, we recommend emailing them a receiptadding their contact information to their customer profile during a sale, or using our Email Collection Tools.

For more detailed information, feel free to reach out to our Support Team directly! They can help troubleshoot contacting a customer.

Joe
Message 6 of 6