x

Changing Loyalty Points and Rewards

So, right now we have our Loyalty Program set up to award 1 Point for every $20 spent, and customers get a $10 Reward after 5 Points (basically a $10 Reward after $100 in purchases, or 10% back).  Now, I'd like to change that to 1 Point for every $1 spent, with a $10 Reward after 100 Points - same 10% reward value, but now customers earn a point for every dollar spent, whereas before, they would get no points for a $19 sale.

Problem: If I implement that change, it will now take 100 Points to earn a $10 Reward, meaning that all the customers on the "old" program will be significantly hurt.  For example, if someone had 25 Points on the "old" system, that would be worth $50 ($10 for every 5 Points) - but if I implement the "new" program, those 25 points would be worth nothing (just 25% the way towards a single $10 Reward). 

Any suggestions on how to implement this change to the Point / Reward values without destroying the entire program? And since there's no Reporting system in the Loyalty program, I can't even run a report to see the impact or manually make changes....

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @brick 

Great questions & great ideas.

Manually would be the only way - bumping up each loyalty customer's points to be the equivalent for the new program.

While there's no way to run a full report, you can filter your Customers by Loyalty Customers.

You can go into your Customer Directory on your Web Dashboard, and click on All Customers - that will give you a dropdown box for Loyalty Enrollees.

You can then go through each one of those people and manually increase their points to the new total that they be due.

Hopefully you don't have too many Loyalty folks.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 9

Thank you for the prompt reply... unfortunately I have over 4700 Loyalty Members, and there's no way to run a report - I don't understand that at all.  I exported the Loyalty group to a CSV, but that doesn't even show the Rewards?!?!?!?  How is it possible that the Loyalty Export doesn't actually show Loyalty data???

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

@brick 

Yep, that is a lot. I have a bunch too.

I totally get that, and I definitely agree that there should be more data & reports on individual customer Loyalty info.

But either way you'd have to manually change all of the point totals, even if you could run a report, right?

Although theoretically if you could export it into CSV, you could add a function to multiply their points by 20, or whatever the multiplier would be, copy those values, paste them into the right column, and then import it back into square.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 9

Yes, but at least I could identify which of the 4700+ members actually have current rewards to adjust.  Or I could simply apply the adjustment to the field and re-import them back in with the new totals.  At the very least, if I could see current rewards I wouldn’t have to click through all 4700 accounts... just the ones with rewards - starting with the highest and most current. Is there no other way?  How hard would it be for someone to add that field to the report for me?

Thank you again for a timely response.  

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

It's definitely a good feature request for the Square Team.
(Tagging @kellyj, the amazing Square Beta Manager!)

I'm sure it would be somewhat complicated, at least the re-importing process. I'm not sure how the back end of Loyalty works, and if it could handle an uploaded Number to affect the Point total. As it is right now, if you want to manually change someone's point quantities, it's a couple step process.

But hopefully they could make this work at some point!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 6 of 9

Yes!!!  Can we make that happen... the CSV part?

Message 7 of 9
Admin

@brick 

I'm so sorry I missed this earlier, but wanted to loop back. 

We've definitely passed feedback on advanced reporting to the team, and will continue to do so. In the meantime our folks on our Loyalty and Marketing team may be able to help a bit with options and taking your feedback to the product team as well. 

As is, I realized this has been a pain point for a lot of sellers for a while, I'll see what information I can get on this and hopefully be back with an update to this thread.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Some kind of bulk point modification tool is an essential feature for future proofing and exploitation correction.

The support documentation knows this is an issue, and has a paragraph that somewhat addresses the feature shortcoming so this has been a known issue since loyalty release most likely.

Even a one off support ticket based solution would be preferable to nothing.  

Manual single record modification is generally never a solution.  

Message 9 of 9