x

Charging keg deposits and refunding deposit when keg returned

Hi all,

We are a brewery that charges a keg deposit for dock sales. I can set up an item for keg deposit but am curious as to how I would go about getting a refund of that deposit recorded in my square activity.  I would like to not do it all offline and if they want to use a credit card to pay a deposit, I really can't if I do everything offline.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

you can just refund their deposit item from their transaction and it will go back to their credit card or you will have to pay out cash if paid in cash.  this will adjust inventory if you are keeping track of it.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6116-process-refunds#process-full-itemized-or-partial-refund...

Message 2 of 3

I just started using square for a Beer distributor and I have the same concern how do I give customers a keg deposit back without having to search the transaction and issue the refund? There is no other way in the square I called customer service and they were no help. We have used NCR Silver before for the beer store and they have this refund policy which can be done manually by the items instead of the transaction. On the NCR Silver, we can hit refund and select whatever I want a refund from the item so we can do the Keg refund in cash for customers who bought the keg beer a month ago who don't keep the receipt for the there returned keg. 

Message 3 of 3