x

Clearing site cache

Anyone know how I can clear the site cache, we change food items weekly on our locations and for some people (ex-customers who visited the site in the last month or so) our new items dont show, we have to go into a clean browser or an incognito browser to see the new items listed. Any ideas?

(No... not asking my customers to clear their cache's as they wont)

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Manpuku, thanks for your post! How to clear cache depends on the browser you are using. I find this website is really helpful since it outlined all the different way to clear cache for all the popular browsers, from Google Chrome to Opera. 

For context, when because when people visit a website, the browser will save an image of the site or cache so it can help load the site faster. Browser caching is something that is on the visitor's side and not the host's side, so the best way to resolve it is to use a different browser or clear cache & cookies. 

I completely understand that it can be an inconvenient to have customers clearing their cache all the times when they encounter the issue. I will definitely check in with our ECOM team and see if there are anything else they can advise! If I have any additional information, I'll be sure to share it here. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content