x

Close of Day Report

We ran our first evening service/private party after our normal hours. When I did close of day at the end the totals are way off. If I run a transaction report from the day the total is over $2k however when I ran close of day it says our totals were only $800. Only one Credit card transaction happened after our normal business hours. So I'm wondering why my transaction total is so high but my daily sales on my close of day report don't match that.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Helo @FDK1430 !

There are a few things that could be fouling your reporting here...

-With your Close of Day report, I'm assuming you're talking about the End Drawer report? If your team closed the drawer as usual at the end of the usual day, you will see a second report for your evening party. You'll need to add those two reports together for a grand total of the drawer's cash totals.

-If you're looking at the report on the tablet, tap on the date at the top of the report. Make sure you're set for all team members and all devices. I've seen times where the tablets will default to just itself instead of a full day report. If you're looking at the report on the dashboard, make sure you're set for the full day.

-If you're checking on cc transfers, any cc sales entered after your End of Day (specified in your account on the dashboard -> Account & Settings -> Business -> Transfers -- default is 5pm PST) will show in sales reports but not in transfers. You will see those credit card totals on your next business day transfer. (More information)

-Is the tablet connected to the Internet? Offline tablets won't show up to the minute reporting.

If all this is correct for you and you're still seeing the discrepancy, please let us know! We can't get into account-specific issues in a public forum but there may be a few more tricks to try to make sure everything is seen correctly.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2