x

Is Variable Pricing by Weight Supported?

Hello,

We sell some of our product by weight, but with variable pricing that depends on the weight.  For instance, 1lb or less may go for $15/lb, 1-2 lbs for $14/lb, etc.  This seems like a fairly common use case, but I've been unable to find a way to easily do this so far.  Is there a way to set a pricing table on an item so that it can get the proper base price depending on the weight, and then calculate the total?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

I just did a test and this is what I found.

Create an item as usual. When you set the price, change the price per item to price per weight unit you wish.

Click the add variation and do the same, but this price will be your discounted/higher weight price.

You can do this for as many variations as you want. (Well, I'm sure there's a limit at some point...)

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 4.22.04 PM.png

The downside, it will not auto-calculate. When you choose the item on the POS, you have to tell it which price point you want to use.

Notice in the first example, the correct price point is chosen, but not in the 2nd examply. It will calculate the total price wrong if you choose the wrong variation.

IMG_0005 2.PNGIMG_0006 2.PNG

Got this message that might be useful for you.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 4.23.44 PM.png

I hope I'm not telling you what you already know. 

This option does let you create different price points for the same item. 

If you're tracking inventory/stock, it will accurately reduce your inventory as you add lbs to each sale.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I've missed the question entirely.

Message 2 of 2