x
Beta Member

Customer Subscription Benefits

Hi all, 

I run a small hardwood lumber retail store and use Square for in-person and online sales. I have a membership program at the store that gives customers access to discounts, sales, and events. I created the memberships with plans/subscriptions so the customers could be billed automatically every month. Is there a way to automatically apply discounts when current paid members enter their customer info in the checkout screen? Thank you!

Stephen

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @ACHardwoods 

At this time, we do not have a way to automate discounts based on subscriptions. Thanks so much for this Request. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Subscriptions. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I think I may have figured out a work around. First I created the plan, then the subscriptions. After that I went to customer groups and made a smart group based on the subscription names. From there I was able to create a discount that automatically applied to the smart group. Took a few steps but it should work good. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

This is a great workaround @ACHardwoods! Thank you so much for sharing it!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Partner

Hello @ACHardwoods if you find that the process of handling this manually becomes too cumbersome and are open to using an integrated app to help with this, Submatic does exactly what you are describing. Our Square integration automates this functionality. Take a look at our listing in the Square app marketplace https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace/app/submatic and you're welcome to sign up for a free trial as well. Please let me know if you have questions, thanks!

Message 5 of 5