x
Beta Member

Dashboard app issues

I updated my dashboard app on my iphone to the latest, but cannot not find what version number it is anywhere, that might help in the future- when I have to make sure mutliple POS devices are working. 

1. The issue I have is that there is no button to reach saved tickets. I have to add to a sale, find the old ticket to even be able to see the old ticket.
  2. Open tickets in the settings is just a slider to turn it on, but I still can't access them.
  3. If I have an ticket open, I cannot delete an item. I can only comp and void it. Why is there no remove?
  4. Not sure while I am viewing an item, I can choose to turn off or on the food & beverage or liquor tax- This should not be turned off at all here. 
  5. Some library items take me to a detail window and I have to add it to the sale, other library items don't open in a detail window, and just add themselves to a sale- and now I have to figure out how to remove them— which my only option is "Clear new items"- which means all new ones.
    Hope you can see what I am experiencing. 
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Ninjarita You can view the app version by clicking the menu in the top left corner of the app, then Support > About

It sounds like you have found the option to turn on Open Tickets as stated in this guide. Are you having trouble searching for open tickets that were created after toggling on this option?

I have my app open and can view my saved tickets by clicking on Checkout > Tickets.

You should see a search bar at the top, and any open tickets are displayed under the button that says "new ticket".

Click on one of your saved tickets, then click on the ticket name displayed at the top of the app (above the Same and Charge button).

This next screen should show you a list of items in the order. You can click on an item and scroll to the very bottom for the "remove item" option. 

Let me know if this is what you are referring to, or if you are still having trouble finding the tickets. 

Can you post a screenshot for your questions 4 & 5? I want to make sure I'm on the same page as you. Thanks! 

Message 2 of 6

I have a similar issue when trying to delete an item from an open ticket. I can open the ticket, select the item hit the “remove item” option, then hit the “confirm delete” then the system returns to the checkout screen however at that moment the entire system is locked and the only thing you can do is close the app and reopen. When you reopen the item you tried to delete is still there.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@Clubhousebrewin - try reinstalling the app. Sounds buggy

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Justin.  We just installed the app on a new iPad.  I'll try deleting it and reloading it.

Craig

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hmm strange. If you're still experiencing issues after the reinstall, our CS Team will need to file an Engineering ticket to see what's up. Reach out here

@Clubhousebrewin

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6