x

Discount when purchasing a set of products

Is there an option to provide a discount if two distinct items are purchased together.

For example, I sell license plates and license plate frames. They are each $20 respectively but If a customer purchases both they get a $2.00 discount.

Currently, I have variations setup, one for a license plate alone, a frame alone, and set. Doing it this way though doesn't accurately subtract inventory from plates and frames if a set is purchased. I would like to make it so if I add a license plate and a frame to a sale, it will automatically give a $2.00 discount. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @dsims3! Welcome!

There's not a good way to have a discount apply automatically in that scenario. If you were to use our automatic discounts, a discount would apply any time your license plate or license plate frames are added to the sale. So that wouldn't quite work.

The only way you'd probably be able to have the discount applied correctly is by creating a $2.00 discount on the POS. Then, it's available for you at any time. You'd just need to manually apply it any time someone buys both the license plate and license plate frame together.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2