x

Do I need to open a separate square account to manage a totally different business(different names)?

I have two separate businesses. One is a bakery and the other is digital prints. Am I able to run/manage them both under one square account? They both have individual websites sites that I would like to manage through weebly as well.  

You shouldn’t just like cookies you should LOVE THY COOKIE!
Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Dropping by to echo what @WirlNet voiced here - I'd recommend creating two Square accounts for your two separate businesses.

While it's technically possible to run two businesses using the same Square account by creating multiple locations within your account, locations are intended for users who have multiple locations related to one business. 

I hope this helps push you along, but please let me know if other questions have popped up since you posted this, @LoveThyCookie!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

If it were me, I would set them up as completely separate legal entities.

Different bank accounts, different names, different square entities.

It is always a good idea to have a back up way to get paid for things in case something goes wrong.

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Best Answer

Dropping by to echo what @WirlNet voiced here - I'd recommend creating two Square accounts for your two separate businesses.

While it's technically possible to run two businesses using the same Square account by creating multiple locations within your account, locations are intended for users who have multiple locations related to one business. 

I hope this helps push you along, but please let me know if other questions have popped up since you posted this, @LoveThyCookie!

Valentina
Message 3 of 8

Thank you!!

You shouldn’t just like cookies you should LOVE THY COOKIE!
Message 4 of 8
Alumni

Happy to help, @LoveThyCookie! ❤️🍪

Valentina
Message 5 of 8

Another question regarding this topic. Is it possible to have two separate Square accounts and use the same app on my phone with the same card reader? Thank you.

Message 6 of 8
Super Seller

@spkw ;

You would need to log in and out on your phone of the app to Log into the correct Account.  Depending on the items in the account of the service or physical item you are selling would then appear in you Catalog  on your phone.  You would need two different Logins.  You might be able to use sales@business1.com and sales@business2.com with the same password to keep things simple for you.  The physical readers can be used for both business once they are setup in each account.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 8

Thank you!

Message 8 of 8