x

Does Square accept Apple Pay and Google Pay?

Does Square accept Apple Pay and Google Pay?

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You can absolutely accept Apple Pay, Android Pay, and other NFC payments with our Contactless + Chip Reader! It's our newest reader and it enables you to accept all forms of tap payments in addition to chip card payments.

This article has more info: Accept Apple Pay, Android Pay, and chip cards anywhere

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Alumni

Best Answer

You can absolutely accept Apple Pay, Android Pay, and other NFC payments with our Contactless + Chip Reader! It's our newest reader and it enables you to accept all forms of tap payments in addition to chip card payments.

This article has more info: Accept Apple Pay, Android Pay, and chip cards anywhere

Message 2 of 23

I live in the Philippines and I use Square. Can I use Android Pay / Apple Pay and not credit / debit cards? This is really unclear.

Message 3 of 23
Super Seller

Unfortunately, Apple Pay and Android Pay are just another form of Credit Card payment and not supported outside of the countries that Square has relationships to accept Credit Cards.  The list of countries https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4956-international-availability  "Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, and Australia. We currently don’t support payment card processing outside of these countries"

Message 4 of 23

My bank doesn't let me use the android pay or Samsung pay to pay at retailers but can I accept these different types of pay on with square and they will forward payment onto my bank minus the per transcation fee.

Message 5 of 23
Super Seller

Yes, you can collect Apple Pay and Android Pay payments with your square account and the contactless chip and NFC reader.  The deposits will go into your account just like a credit card would.

Message 6 of 23

How about for an online business? I see apple pay can be incorporated through my developer but I don't see anything like that for Android, Google or even Zelle.

Message 7 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hey!! Great question.

If you use Square’s Transactions API or Square Checkout, you can accept payments from your customers with Apple Pay right from your website. Apple Pay online allows your customer to use Touch ID for verification, which means they won’t need to enter their card information to make a purchase.

You can read more about how to configure Apple Pay on our Developer Doc

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 23

Thank you. Any similar features for Android, Google or Zelle.

Message 9 of 23
Alumni

Apple Pay is supported and currently available in the US - we also support Google Pay, which is available everywhere we accept payments! Learn more about integrating digital wallets in this Square Developer article, @Joe_Bltn.

Valentina
Message 10 of 23

A couple of our clients said Apple Pay did not work using the emailed invoice method. 

Is Apple Pay only available with the physical chip reader, or is it also suppose to work when people are paying online?

Message 11 of 23
Alumni

@ImpactHI - Apple pay is available with Invoices. I just sent myself a test invoice to my email and I see the option there. 

Have you tried testing it out also? 

Justin
Message 12 of 23

Hello -

Yes, we do see the option for Apple Pay, but two clients mentioned that it registers on the phone that Apple Pay worked, but it does not complete the invoice on our end. 

Our test showed the same result. 

Message 13 of 23
Alumni

Okay - sounds like our Support Team will need to take a look at your account specifically. Reach out here if you haven't already with the exact invoices that's giving you trouble. 

@ImpactHI

Justin
Message 14 of 23

What about on the online store?

Message 15 of 23

Hello @pumpkinkoenig 

And WELCOME to our Seller Community! 

We're thrilled to see you here. 

Yes, you can accept Apple Pay and Google Pay if you have a Square Online Store. 

I have linked an article on how to enable it here

It also has some troubleshooting steps in case you do have it enabled and it's not working. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Frances
Message 16 of 23

So if I have the square reader and the chip reader. Is that all I need to accept for Apple Pay customers?

Please advise.

Thank you

Peggy

Message 17 of 23
Alumni

Hey @Perfumegirl11 - You are correct. You would just need the Contactless + Chip Reader and you're good to go.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 18 of 23
Admin

Hey there! 🌸

Square accepts the following contactless payment types:

Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay. 

[Updated by Moderator October 13th, 2020]

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 19 of 23

Can we accept apple pay with square shop terminal machine?

Message 20 of 23

Hello @rzhop ,

Good to see you post again! To learn more about Accepting Apple pay, click here. Hope this helps! 

Frida
Message 21 of 23