x

Edit or Resend an eGift Card?

How can I resend an egift card if it went to the wrong email address?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 37
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi everyone - I wanted to let you know that you can now resend eGift cards. Instructions can be found at this Support Center link, but here the are just in case:

1. Sign in to the Sales section of your online Square Dashboard > Transactions.
  2. Search for the eGift Card sale by:
    • Filtering the transaction search by item > enter eGift Card.
    • Searching the receipt number from the eGift Card’s purchase.
    • Searching using the last 4 digits of the eGift Card or payment card.
  3. Once you’ve located the transaction, select it and click the blue eGift Card number in the transaction details.
  4. Click Resend.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 37

Best Answer

Thanks for your replies JustinC and Pesso, I am definately using the Dashboard.

This morning I stumbled across the Resend button in a different place:

Under the 'Overview' in the Gift Cards menu I selected the relevant Electronic gift card and the details popped up in a box on the right (showing the Card details and Activity). At the bottom of this box were two buttons: 'Clear Balance' and 'Resend'. I was able to resend the Electronic card to a new valid email address 😀

Kind Regards, Ash

View Best Answer >

Message 32 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Square Community Moderator

Hey @salonsales,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this has been asked before.

Check out the Best Answer on the first page for details on how to re-send an e-gift card. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 37

I ha e two customers who bought e gift card but did not receive the redemption code.

how can I access that to give to them?

i can see their transactions but not a redemption code.

Message 23 of 37

Hey @Avantisantacruz,

I moved your post to an existing thread that details how you can re-send the e-gift cards if need be.

I'd also have them check their junk/spam folders first though to make sure they didn't go there.

Ashley C
Message 24 of 37

They have check their junk in box but they cannot find it.

how can I get e gift redemption code?

i have both transactions numbers?

thank you

Message 25 of 37

Hey @Avantisantacruz,

I responded to your other post already if you'd head over to that one to see step by step how to re-send. 

Ashley C
Message 26 of 37

My client purchased an E-Gift Card and scheduled it to be sent at a later date, but the intended recipient did not receive it. How do I troubleshoot this to determine what went wrong?

Message 27 of 37
Admin

Hey @Kymberlee!

Take a look here for how to resend an eGift Card. That should resolve your issue.

If not, please tag me in your reply! 👩🏼‍💻

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 28 of 37

Hi Isabelle!

I've followed the instructions and located the eGift Card, however no resend button is available. The only options I have are to clear the balance, send a receipt or issue a refund. Has the resend button been removed?

Thanks, Ash

Message 29 of 37
Alumni

Stepping in for Isabelle. Are you trying from your Online Dashboard or through the POS. I checked my demo account, the resend button is still there. 

What browser are you using?

@CheekyMonkey

Justin
Message 30 of 37
Super Seller Alumni

@CheekyMonkey 

If you're still not seeing it

It could be that you're accidentally clicking on a Plastic Gift Card and not a digital eGift Card?

Are you sure that's there right one?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 31 of 37

Best Answer

Thanks for your replies JustinC and Pesso, I am definately using the Dashboard.

This morning I stumbled across the Resend button in a different place:

Under the 'Overview' in the Gift Cards menu I selected the relevant Electronic gift card and the details popped up in a box on the right (showing the Card details and Activity). At the bottom of this box were two buttons: 'Clear Balance' and 'Resend'. I was able to resend the Electronic card to a new valid email address 😀

Kind Regards, Ash

Message 32 of 37
Beta Member

Since 2017, this has been an issue. Still, there is no easy way to do this which is absurd to me. People make mistakes and there is no way to verify when a customer is purchasing the eGift if the email address is correct. We incur processing fees when these are created and therefore pay for Squares inability to fix this simple issue. Just another issue Square is not able to fix for their customers.

Message 33 of 37

Hello - I sent a $25 gift card thru a merchant to a friend online via Square - I was not a registered user or a seller - just wanted to send a gift card to a friend.  I received a confirmation that it was sent to the address.  The email address is correct and the recipient has still not received the card after three days (they checked their junk folder and all other folders and nothing is there).  I then went ahead and registered  and it does not show it was sent.  There is no email contact for Square so unless a rep from Square reads this and replies here on how to fix this please, I will have my credit card company reverse this charge in five business days re June 3, 2022.

Message 34 of 37
Super Seller

Hi Thlorian17, 

While I'm not a Square representative I hope you'll consider reaching out to the merchant. The merchant should be able to verify a gift card was sold and will be able to resend or reissue the gift card.

Best of luck!

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 35 of 37

I have a customer who received one of our egift cards as a Christmas gift.  The email was typed in wrong when purchasing.  I had resent the gift card to our customer using the correct email - however since the original gift card had an incorrect email address, when our customer is logged into our Website the gift card will not work for him.  I ended up placing the order for him and sending him the gift card balance but this will just happen again when he goes to use the balance.  I need an easy and legitimate fix to ensure that the correct email is attached to the egift card without going back to the original purchaser and making them go through all the hoopla!  We pride ourselves on quality customer service, but Square is not making it easy for us to uphold that level of customer service. 

Message 36 of 37

Hi @Shpoppy - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

When you found out the email address was incorrect, did you correct the email address through the Gift Cards section of your Square Dashboard? If so, this would have updated the email address linked to the gift card.

I'm not sure why your website would be preventing the customer from using the gift card because of the email address. I believe they just need to use the Gift Card 16-digit code to redeem 🤔

Violet
Message 37 of 37