x

E-mail Sign Up Auto Reply

I have an email sign up form on my website. I'd like to offer a coupon to new subscribers. How do I set it up so that when a new subscriber joins the email list they get an automatic email with the coupon code?

Message 1 of 54
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Thanks for your question. I think the option for auto email replies are available through the optional Marketing Program. You can find more information here:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5660-using-automated-campaigns-with-square-marketing

I've been using the Marketing and separate Loyalty programs for the past several months, and the automations are very good. You can customize your content, send out emails and messages on your schedule, or setup the automatic marketing that is super easy, like a set-it-and-forget-it solution...takes most of the work out LOL.

Hope this post helped answer your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Square Community Moderator

You can count on that @Tommer

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 54
Beta Member

@JJ_ Appreciate it!

Message 44 of 54
Beta Member

@JJ_ I should mention that this is partially implemented in the pop up for email collection. It asks whether to notify of submissions. So for the dev team it's almost copy paste.

Message 45 of 54
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for flagging this I will share it with them as well.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 46 of 54

@Tommer and @JJ_  I also second this request.  I am having to customize my email campaigns every time I get a new lead which shouldn't need to be the case.  When a customer subscribes there should be an automatic email that they should receive and we should also be notified it was successfully sent.  We should also be able to create multiple follow up automated emails as well.  Please let me know when this will be addressed. 

Thank you.

Message 47 of 54
Beta Member

@JJ_ Also, when using the subscribe popup, the list on the dashboard cannot be exported and is not even sorted in any logical way (should obviously be by dates..).

Thank you!

Message 48 of 54
Beta Member

adding our vote/voice to this topic for visibility+++

Sending an automatic coupon when someone signs up for email marketing seems like a very basic function and we REALLY need it.

More over, the general (improved) flow for could work like this..
1) we create marketing buckets/segments/lists (ex: Free Coffee Signups)
2) we attach "automation rules" to these buckets/segments/lists (ex - send free coffee coupon)
3) we create a page on Square Sites and add a form to collect emails (and whatever other data we want)
4) we tell the form that submissions go into one or many of the buckets/segments/lists that we created in step 1 above.

This way, when someone fills out a specific form...
1) the data goes into our "master directory"
2) the data goes into the specific "bucket/segment/list"
3) the automation attached to the "bucket/segment/list" will send the email to each person that gets added.

This would be a flexible and scalable solution that could cover a LOT of different use cases.

Thoughts?

Message 49 of 54

Definetley some needed features.

1. Customer signs up via website (customizable form that mentions a coupon for signing up) This is called direct response marketing.
  2. A customizable automated email gets sent that can include a coupon
  3. Increased sales, means we buy more square products and functions
  4. Otherwise square users start looking to spend on other email marketing products

In short, help us help you.......

Message 50 of 54
Beta Member

What takes so long to add such a basic feature that is available on any other platform (Wix, Woocommerce, shopify)?

User subscribes to newsletter - user get an automated email.

Square is missing some very basic features while wasting time developing others that are completely niche.

Message 51 of 54
Beta Member

@Tommer - this does seem like "low hanging fruit" considering most of the functionality appears to be there.  It just needs to be tied together.

Message 52 of 54
Beta Member

This needs to be added pronto!!!!! Square, please make an automation that sends an email when new subscribers sign up.

To business owners. I'm assuming it's a monetary issue. Sending an email every time someone signs up. They don't want to be obligated to send emails until subscribers make purchases, which is flawed. For the amount we pay for our marketing subscriptions, we should have access to one of the most basic abilities of mass media marketing!!!!

Message 53 of 54
Beta Member

Ok. Anyone who is interested in this feature go and like the feature request.

Here is the same link that the moderator @MayaP posted

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Automated-welcome-email-after-signing-up-for-email-...

Message 54 of 54