x

E-mail Sign Up Auto Reply

I have an email sign up form on my website. I'd like to offer a coupon to new subscribers. How do I set it up so that when a new subscriber joins the email list they get an automatic email with the coupon code?

Message 1 of 54
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Thanks for your question. I think the option for auto email replies are available through the optional Marketing Program. You can find more information here:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5660-using-automated-campaigns-with-square-marketing

I've been using the Marketing and separate Loyalty programs for the past several months, and the automations are very good. You can customize your content, send out emails and messages on your schedule, or setup the automatic marketing that is super easy, like a set-it-and-forget-it solution...takes most of the work out LOL.

Hope this post helped answer your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Beta Member

Hi @Kassi_ 

No, I am looking to collect emails so that I can market to potential customers.  These people have not purchased from me yet. 

Message 22 of 54
Square Community Moderator

Completely understand, @JMariest

There is an option for customer collection from your Online Store or even Social Media. 

Once the customer emails are collected, there will be a group in your Customer Directory to show you all of them. 

More information can be found here, too. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 54
Beta Member

@Kassi_ Everyone on this thread is asking for this simple function that is available for free on Wix, Shopify, Squarespace, Wordpress and any other website building platform I'm familiar with.

User subscribes - user gets a welcome email. No purchase necessary.

After 3 years of asking, and since it's obviously very easy to implement, the only conclusion is that Weebly/Square made a decision not to allow that, possibly in order to push users to the paid marketing subscription (that still lacks this basic functionality).

Please at least treat your users with respect and come out and say that.

Message 24 of 54
Beta Member

It's not even available with the paid version.  I actually can't think of a rational idea of why they wouldn't implement this very basic function

Message 25 of 54

Hey there @JMariest stepping in for Kassi while she is out. I agree this feature is something Square Online should have available but at this time it is a feature request. I do see another seller made a similar request on our Ideate Board, our new process of tracking feature requests.  I would go to that thread and provide your feedback and input on that there so our Product Team can monitor and see how important this request is.  To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post (squ.re/Ideate-Commuity) from one of our Seller Community Moderators.  We know it's hard waiting for something to be built out and cannot thank you enough for your patience. 

Message 26 of 54
Beta Member

Ok. Anyone who is interested in this feature go and like that request.

Here is the same link that @MayaP posted

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Automated-welcome-email-after-signing-up-for-email-...

Message 27 of 54

I have square register and subscribe to square marketing.  I can't find out how to turn on email collection when they make a purchase.  Do I need the square app to do it?  It also says a few emails bounced back.  How do I find out which ones are invalid?

Message 28 of 54

Hi @countryroads1 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Questions.

Here are the steps for turning on email collection for marketing:

With your Square Point of Sale app or on your Register, you can enable the email collection screen via Settings > Email Collection > Show Email Collection Screen. As soon as you enable the email collection screen, you can start gathering your customers' email addresses.

Check out which emails were invalid by going into your marketing on your Square Dashboard, going into the specific campaign and going into recipients, on that page you will be able to see which emails were successful and which ones were not. 

Let me know if this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 29 of 54
Beta Member

So, email collection is only available using POS? I use Register and Appointments. No email collection?

Message 30 of 54

Hi @Pamalupagus

This would be considered a feature request at this time.

I will make sure to pass this one over to our product team for their visibility. 

JJ
Message 31 of 54
Beta Member

Why is it so different from the Register to the iPad? I would not have paid the $ for Register if I knew I could have used pretty much any old iPad with a cheap Square Stand. 

Message 32 of 54

While we try our best to make sure that we have the same experience across all compatible with Square it is sometimes difficult to accomplish this task when we have two extremely different operating systems (even when they tend to copy each other's features)

It's our goal to make sure you are taking advantage of your Square Register. Let us know which limitations you are confronting vs. using an iPad and I will pass them over to our product team for visibility. 

JJ
Message 33 of 54

I created an email collection as a product item. When you hit purchase I set up the purchase as a free gift but in the information they have to give me for the order the customer has to give me 3 email addresses besides their own. It worked but I'm trying to refine it, but it did email me just like when a customer makes an actual purchase

Message 34 of 54

Thank you for the suggestion @Freshperked

At this time Square Marketing is unable to send automated emails @Joboyle. This is a highly requested feature and I am pretty sure our team must be looking into it. I will pass over your request for their visibility and consideration.

JJ
Message 35 of 54

I was also searching for this feature (and I am using Square Marketing). I wanted to create a pop-up on our website that says "Get 15% off by joining our newsletter." So I set up an Automated Welcome Email that includes a coupon, because I thought it would be sent to new email subscribers that use the form on my website. Unfortunately when I tested this out by entering another email address of mine, I never received the welcome email. So I assume welcome emails only apply to those using the POS? Surely this is something Square can offer for online customers. I'm personally sick of seeing the "15% Off" pop-up at every single website I visit, but I guess it works so thought I'd give it a shot on MY website, ha. I'm assuming most other sites use Shopify or another service. I'm very surprised Square doesn't offer this, but fingers crossed they will!

Message 36 of 54

Hey there @sadminkeymerc

You should be able to accomplish Discount Pop-up in Square Online. Here is a nifty guide on Creating Pop-ups for your website. 

I do agree with you that these pop-ups can be annoying but they have made me purchase or stay longer on the site when offered a 15 or 20% off my next purchase. 

Good luck and I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 37 of 54

Hi JJ,

I see that I'll need to upgrade to at least the Performance plan but that's what I was looking for!! Thank you for your response and I'm sorry for the hassle and for missing that!

However, it looks like you can only select a coupon with a predetermined name (ie. COUPON15). Is there a way to generate a coupon with a unique code so it isn't used more than once?

Message 38 of 54

At this time Auto-generated coupons are a feature request. Our team is aware of this need and we are tracking interest from Sellers.

In the meantime, you should be able to limit the coupon offered to once per customer.

JJ
Message 39 of 54
Beta Member

@JJ_ Will there ever be an option to automatically send an email to someone who signs up to our newsletter?

This is such a basic function that it's really hard to believe is not available.

Assuming there is an open feature request, can we know the status?

Message 40 of 54

@Tommer  Looking further into your question, at this time these are the only Automated Campaigns:

I'm inclined to believe the first one might be what you're looking for. However, I will pass this over to our Product Team for their visibility and consideration.

JJ
Message 41 of 54
Beta Member

@JJ_ Thank you for the response and for looking into it. 

However, the automated campaign sends the welcome email to first time customers so this is not the functionality I (and many others) need.

We need an email to be sent to new subscribers and getting a notification to the merchant about it.

This is as basic as it gets for a website building platform and I am really amazed that it was not implemented until now.

I would really appreciate it if you would pass it on to the product team.

Thank you

Message 42 of 54