x

External products?

Hello. Is there a way to add an external product to square so when the buy button will lead to an external website? Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hello @virap1 thanks for your post. You can certainly add a graphics/button and include a hyperlink that would take you to any website address. However, are you looking for that item to appear in the same shopping cart as other items in your Square site store? I do not think that would be possible. Customers would have to check out on that other site, wherever that hyperlink takes them to; it would not then add into their Square cart. You'd be mixing shopping carts and your Square site cannot do that. I hope this helps answer your question.

One option if you needed to keep one shopping cart in your Square store, is to add a new inventory item (that would be the other website's item). You'd then need to take care of purchasing that item yourself from the other website, and either have it shipped directly to your customer, or somehow warehouse the item yourself. I hope that work around makes sense, let me know if you have any questions.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you. Adding external products to cart is not an issue for us as there is no need for that. We simply need to have the buy button link to an external url. Is this possible?

Adding a graphic with a link would, but what need is an ability to add actual external products. 

Message 3 of 5

I have a business whose products I sell but they are shipped from them to consumers directly through my link. I’d like to add my link to the items on my store site but then customers would be able to just go buy them through the other site since I do not carry them in store. Is this possible? It is just frustrating to have so many links it would be nice to have everything I sell on my square store and then it can just link to other sites if necessary as they click an item 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

The only workaround I can think of for this scenario would be adding hyperlinks to images, or creating a button with a link on your site, @Beautybyofelia - take a look at this guide to get started. Please let us know how you go! 

Message 5 of 5