x
Beta Member

How can I add a note to an existing transaction in my history?

Lets say, I just swiped a card and I forgot to add a note to the sale while doing so. I then go back to my history and see the transaction, but I'm not sure how I can add a note to the sale. 

Please help

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

I was just looking to add a note to a previous transaction and couldn't find a way to do so. I thought that this is such an obvious need that there was a way to do it but I just couldn't find it on the Square website. Looks like I was half-right: this thread and others demonstrate there is clearly a need; but Square's lack of response over nearly 6 years shows there isn't a way to add a note to a previous transaction and that Square doesn't really care. Very poor customer support!

Message 64 of 73

This is a must for us too. Please add me to the list of people who desperately need this feature in order to continue using Square. Here’s hoping that this is the year that it’s resolved. 

Message 65 of 73

We run an artist co-op and the sales people are all artist volunteers who often forget to add a note to an item when it is sold.  We have forty artists and change our work out monthly so keeping up an inventory is impossible. Our accountant needs information about the artwork sold so this is a huge problem for us.  How is it possible that this functionality has not been added yet?

Message 66 of 73
Square Community Moderator

Hey @APFTA,

That sounds frustrating, but I want to welcome you to the Community.

I can see how this feature could benefit your business. We are constantly working to improve our products with feedback like this. When you have a moment, please check out this best answer here.

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 67 of 73

Since asking for this and never getting it , I moved all my custom transactions to the CRM system Dubsado as it has a notes section you can always edit 

Message 68 of 73

I would like to add yet another voice to this thread on this topic we too are an artistr owned gallery, with members of widely veying tech comfort ringing sales.  This feature is sorely needed!

Message 69 of 73
Super Seller

I just placed an "Ideate" for this feature.   The more likes the better a chance for this to be added in the future.  Here is the link for this request:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Retail/Ability-to-add-a-NOTE-or-Comment-to-a-transacti... 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 70 of 73

I agree the ability to add a note AFTER transaction is extremely useful. There has been many cases where my sales assistants have forgotten to attach item codes to manual transactions and for accounting purposes, I need the ability to then apply item codes AFTER a transaction has been made. How is this not a general tool? Very behind the 8 ball for square. With every other ability, this is a MUST. 

Message 71 of 73

Hey square, why aren’t you listening here?  This is an open problem for many of us.  I too have the same exact art gallery problem as another posted here.  We need a fix on this.

Message 72 of 73

We use Square to sell custom cakes and often need to make a note of a customer request made after the order is placed. Having an editable notes field in the order would mean fewer mistakes, fewer chargebacks, and more business for us AND for Square. Please add this feature

Message 73 of 73