x

How can I add customer to a transaction when they paid via Cash App Pay on my website?

I had some customers pay through my Square Online website via Cash App Pay, and that appears to be working fine. The fees are lower which is nice. However, I am not able to add the customer to the transaction. It just shows their Cash App name. I have tried looking in the Square POS App and Square for Retail App and both do not offer an option to add or edit the customer. I accessed the transaction via my dashboard on a computer and I am able to add the customer like normal, but when I go to save, there's always an error message. 

Is there a fix for this? Without adding the customer to the transaction, I can't see it in their activity, and it isn't added to their buyer summary info (which isn't entirely accurate since it doesn't account for refunds, but at least it's something).

Thanks in advance for any insight or workarounds that you can offer.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Sounds like there is some troubleshooting we may need to do here to be able to find out what is going on @drill.

Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2