x

How can I delete an unpaid canceled invoice?

I've been using square for a while now and am pretty sure the option to delete unpaid and canceled invoices used to be a feature. I have a client who did a payment plan and without realizing the Recurring option typed up individual invoices to be sent out on specific dates. She has since chosen to pay her remaining balance all at once so I canceled the remaining invoices and sent one for the balance owed. How can I delete all these canceled invoices? I read in one of these forums that there was an option to hide them so that they aren't cluttering up my page by unclicking the canceled option but I'm not seeing any such thing. The only thing I see is a drop down with radio buttons that only allows you to choose one thing at a time so if I only wanted to see my paid and upcoming invoices I can't unless I switch between the two. 

Message 1 of 23
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Cancelled invoices can not be deleted.  You can however change the filter from "All Invoices" to "Outstanding" This will hide these invoices you don't want to see.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @echoeliteteam! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you 👋

Yes! Once an unpaid Invoice is deleted, it will be deleted permanently. You can recreate the Invoice by starting a new Invoice altogether using the same information.

For recording keeping purposes, I've merged your question into a similar thread regarding Invoices and deleted content. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! I am here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

I would love the Delete Invoice options too! 

For example, if a customer asks me to change their name in their customer profile so the invoice is addressed to the correct person, for some reason it doesnt change in the invoice. So i have to make them a new invoice, which reflects their correct  information. Id like to use the some invoice ID, but I cant because its already used in the former invoice. I'd love to complete delete their old invoice so I can use the same information and ID number, and just have their new contact info.
And also, sqare should just fix the problem that you cant update contact info in an invoice

Message 22 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hi @elelem,

I hear your frustration with the limited flexibility for Square Invoices. We're continuing to pass this onto our team as a suggestion, and will post an update on the community if we receive any news. 

In the meantime, you can get around freeing up the Invoice ID you'd like to use by renaming the invoice ID on the invoice you'd like to delete. For example, if you'd like to delete Invoice123 edit the ID to Invoice123Deleted or something similar that makes sense to you! I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 23 of 23