x

How can I go back to find out the name on a credit card that was used for payment?

I have a client asking for a refund and I need to go back and verify the name used on a credit card.  But I don't see anything that states the name that was on the credit card.  The card was used in person and swiped through the system.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I have the same question about not seeing a customers name with the transaction

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Battles and @Blushaus

So long as the card was swiped, you can view the cardholder information from your transactions tab in your Dashboard. 

Clicking on the specific payment will pull up the payment details, as well as the ability to issue a refund. 

Message 3 of 5

The cardholders name is not showing up under the transaction 🤔

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@Blushaus Hmmm that could be happening for a few different reasons. 

Can you confirm that the payments were swiped? If so, were there any swiped payments that reflect a name?

If some payments reflect a name, and others don't, there's a chance that those payments simply didn't capture the customer information from that track of the magstripe. 

Magstripes have 2 tracks of information, one of which includes the customer name, so it's possible that the reader successfully captured the payment information without capturing the customer name. They could have also contacted Square with their preference of not showing their name on receipts. 

Message 5 of 5