x

To Go orders require seat selection

Our dining options are curently set to default to "To Go". Customer calls in an order, so we select customer and add or pull from a customer from the list, then add our order item to the sale. The app requires we select a seat, but it's "to go" so there is no seat associated with the order. How can I replace "Seat 1" with "To Go" ?

Since "To Go" is our default option, it does not print "To Go" on the ticket, instead it prints "Seat 1".

Thanks!

-Ted

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @GPCTed

This is interesting. I know it's possible to make it not say "Seat 1" on to go orders, because I was able to set this up on my Restaurants account. I'd be awesome if you could share a picture of a receipt as an example so I can pin point where this is happening. 

Right now my setup is similar to yours. I have a "To go" section with multiple tables, but they aren't on my floor plan. When I go to create a new check it will prompt me to select a "table" to associate the check with, then it asks for the number of guests. In the top right I always select No Cover. 

So at this point I have a new check with no menu items added and no customer. On my account I have to select the Action tab at the bottom of my screen to select the dinning options and change it to "To go". From here I'll add my menu items and then select print bill. I went ahead and took a picture of an example receipt so you can see how mine looks.                                                                                                                                                              

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 2 of 3

I'm doing something similar for Phone Orders (we're a quick service operation).  I enabled "Table Management" but left the other settings off (Seating, Coursing, Floor Plans).  This is all under Point of Sale menu for the options for the device.

This setup lets me "Save" a ticket instead of "Paying" for it right then.  When I save it it prompts me for a name and there is space in the notes (in my case I use that to get the customer phone order).  This effectively lets me push tickets to the kitchen, but let them linger until the person comes to pick them up.

Mess around with it.  You can get it to do what you want.

Message 3 of 3