x

How can I print out my monthly TRANSACTIONS on one page? I also have descriptions on that page.

TRANSACTIONS

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@rachforgold ;

Thank You for your post.  Easiest way would be to print a new receipt showing it was paid by them.  Otherwise to print what you see on the Square Dashboard on a computer you would have to use Print Screen button on your keyboard and paste that into a photo editor to print.  This is because of all the design and coding to get the data to be formatted that way.  Most data from a sale of any sort is kept in a data set or spreadsheet.  If the customer paid by credit card you could search for that sale by the last 4 numbers of the credit card.  Another option since you say some come in with a receipt is to scan the barcode of the receipt which will populate their transaction.  If you would export their Items Details.   You would have a CSV file of their transactions, that you can search for their last 4 of their credit card, their Transaction ID, Payment ID and even their Deposit ID if you have this information.  Let the computer do the work for you in finding this information, its faster than us.  The Transaction Data CSV does not list each item of the sale, just all the fees, taxes etc plus all of Squares Payment ID Transaction ID and Deposit ID if deposit was made from Square to you.  The Items CSV has a list of the items and some of the above information.  What I have done is created a Power Query in Excel that takes data from both these CSV files and merges them on one sheet by an existing matching column and data.  Meaning I use the Transaction ID or Payment ID to create my Spreadsheets rows of all the combined data.  I forget which CSV file has the Note header, but the other CSV file has other needed data. So if I sell 5 Items in one transaction, the new CSV file will take the 1 row from the Transaction Summary and the 5 lines from Items Details csv and 5 rows with each Item sold, quantity, sales price, discounts, taxes etc and then have the same Transaction ID, Payment ID and Deposit ID for all 5 of these items plus the Notes header row would be duplicated 5 times because the Transaction or payment ID is the same.  

The new file is created within a minute or 2 and I can use the search feature in excel to search what I am looking for.  Now as you stated this is not a pretty preview for the customer like it is in Square Dashboard.  If you wanted it all nice and neat you could use a word processor and create a form or  mail merge document that automatically puts the data from this newly created spreadsheet in a document or form to print out.   

The other alternative which I started using last year was to input each sale into QuickBooks with each item sold as a Sales Receipt for each customer.  Each Sales receipt list the item, quantity, price, Discounts, Squares Fees, Taxes and the total charged and deposited by Square.  Plus in some optional fields are the Transaction ID, Payment ID and Deposit ID, which is all imported from CSV files to QuickBooks.  So if a customer comes in with a question I have multiple ways to get the same data of the sale to explain and show.  I have the data imported for me, and takes like 5 minutes from when I sit down till I am done for a weeks worth of sales. Then use QuickBooks to print out the Sales Receipt with more details.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I don't know how many transactions you do a month but if it's anything more than like 40 it will be more than a page.  You could export the transactions.csv and open it in Exel or Numbers and manipulate it there.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions

Message 2 of 4

Thank you, but those options do not work.  I am trying to have the summary print as it is.  As an example, we often have customers (even with their receipts) say "I paid that".  Now I have to pull their paperwork or check square.  I'd like to print what I see when you open the transaction summary page for a specific time frame so I can quickly see the deposit and the final payment (I put that info in the notes.  Right now, shrinking the text or page makes it too small to read once printed.  

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

@rachforgold ;

Thank You for your post.  Easiest way would be to print a new receipt showing it was paid by them.  Otherwise to print what you see on the Square Dashboard on a computer you would have to use Print Screen button on your keyboard and paste that into a photo editor to print.  This is because of all the design and coding to get the data to be formatted that way.  Most data from a sale of any sort is kept in a data set or spreadsheet.  If the customer paid by credit card you could search for that sale by the last 4 numbers of the credit card.  Another option since you say some come in with a receipt is to scan the barcode of the receipt which will populate their transaction.  If you would export their Items Details.   You would have a CSV file of their transactions, that you can search for their last 4 of their credit card, their Transaction ID, Payment ID and even their Deposit ID if you have this information.  Let the computer do the work for you in finding this information, its faster than us.  The Transaction Data CSV does not list each item of the sale, just all the fees, taxes etc plus all of Squares Payment ID Transaction ID and Deposit ID if deposit was made from Square to you.  The Items CSV has a list of the items and some of the above information.  What I have done is created a Power Query in Excel that takes data from both these CSV files and merges them on one sheet by an existing matching column and data.  Meaning I use the Transaction ID or Payment ID to create my Spreadsheets rows of all the combined data.  I forget which CSV file has the Note header, but the other CSV file has other needed data. So if I sell 5 Items in one transaction, the new CSV file will take the 1 row from the Transaction Summary and the 5 lines from Items Details csv and 5 rows with each Item sold, quantity, sales price, discounts, taxes etc and then have the same Transaction ID, Payment ID and Deposit ID for all 5 of these items plus the Notes header row would be duplicated 5 times because the Transaction or payment ID is the same.  

The new file is created within a minute or 2 and I can use the search feature in excel to search what I am looking for.  Now as you stated this is not a pretty preview for the customer like it is in Square Dashboard.  If you wanted it all nice and neat you could use a word processor and create a form or  mail merge document that automatically puts the data from this newly created spreadsheet in a document or form to print out.   

The other alternative which I started using last year was to input each sale into QuickBooks with each item sold as a Sales Receipt for each customer.  Each Sales receipt list the item, quantity, price, Discounts, Squares Fees, Taxes and the total charged and deposited by Square.  Plus in some optional fields are the Transaction ID, Payment ID and Deposit ID, which is all imported from CSV files to QuickBooks.  So if a customer comes in with a question I have multiple ways to get the same data of the sale to explain and show.  I have the data imported for me, and takes like 5 minutes from when I sit down till I am done for a weeks worth of sales. Then use QuickBooks to print out the Sales Receipt with more details.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4