x
Beta Member

how do i remove the charge button from POS app?

My servers use Ipad mini's to take orders. I prefer they use the square register or stand to take payments. They are constantly hitting the charge button instead of the save button when entering orders requiring me to enter my passcode to get them back. Is there anyway to remove the Charge button from the screen? I never had this problem when the 2 buttons were side by side but the last update put one above the other. I tried deleting all payment types as a work around but it still takes you to the payment screen & asks to plug in a reader & requires my passcode to get out.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I am not sure if there is a way to remove the charge button itself, but I used to have this issue when our employees would hit the charge button and then a customer would decide to add onto the order. The way I found worked for us was to go into the permission sets and be able to change the permission set so my employees are able to go back into the ordering screen. 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

I am not sure if there is a way to remove the charge button itself, but I used to have this issue when our employees would hit the charge button and then a customer would decide to add onto the order. The way I found worked for us was to go into the permission sets and be able to change the permission set so my employees are able to go back into the ordering screen. 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@FKoelfgen The exact permission is in the app under security I think and it is require a passcode to back out of a sale.

There may be a way under app control or device control with apple to tell it block that area of the screen, but that is a whole nother ball of wax.

I would be comfortable letting staff back out of a sale on the ipad minis...but I would not necessarily allow that on a tablet you flip around.  This keeps the rare chance a customer cancels the payment and switches to a cash instead of card with an untrained cashier.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks for the insight Donnie. I have the square register so no flipping around, customer has their own little screen for signing etc. I appreciate the input!

Message 4 of 4