x

How can I see what fees I paid for a Square Invoice?

Do I have to get out my caculator for every paid invoice?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 35
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Hi again, @healingarts. Appreciate the follow-up. While this information is not included in the email confirmation that an invoice has been paid, it is definitely something you can find on your Square Dashboard. If you navigate to the Transactions tab of the dashboard and then select a transaction, you'll see this details listed at the bottom of the receipt. Here's a screenshot:

Hope this helps! Also, if my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 35
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AmarahParksLMT-

You can view the total fees paid in a year time frame (or any time frame) with these instructions:

1. Visit Balance in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select a date range from the date selector tool in the upper-left corner.
  3. Select a transfer from the list for an overview of the total fees paid.
  4. To view fees associated with each transaction in your selected transfer date range, click Export directly under the date range button.

I hope this helps. Let me know if not, so we can find another solution or workaround for you 🤓.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 23 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

So we have to add up every individual fee at the end of the year!? Or is this recorded for us somewhere on one page? Will I need to print every tiny fee for my paper records to deduct? 

Message 22 of 35
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AmarahParksLMT-

You can view the total fees paid in a year time frame (or any time frame) with these instructions:

1. Visit Balance in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select a date range from the date selector tool in the upper-left corner.
  3. Select a transfer from the list for an overview of the total fees paid.
  4. To view fees associated with each transaction in your selected transfer date range, click Export directly under the date range button.

I hope this helps. Let me know if not, so we can find another solution or workaround for you 🤓.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 23 of 35

So the instructions you gave seem to show all the transactions, but im hoping there is a total yearly fees paid to square page, as in the percentage taken for services. 

Message 24 of 35
Admin

Hey @AmarahParksLMT.

The instructions provided will give you the total amount of fees taken in a yearly period from your card sales (as long as you adjust the time frame). From there, we do not calculate the percentage. Sorry about that! You could get the percentage by looking at the total card sales, and comparing it to the total fees. 

Here's a list of our other available sales reports. I hope this helps. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about these reports. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 25 of 35

I need a total of fees paid to square for my tax records.  Is there an easier way then going through each invoice for the year?

Message 26 of 35
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @BAL15

Check out the Best Answer by Olive on this thread for the easiest way to get your fee total for the timeframe of your choice. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you were looking for something different. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 35

Hi, 

Is there a way to view the total amount paid toward fees for a given month? Right now I am calculating this by adding the fee fom each individual transaction. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 28 of 35
Admin

Hi @kTrainer! You can see the total fees from the Sales Summary report from the Sales section of your online Dashboard.

You can use the date selector in the top left to filter that report (or any report!) by month. Click on the date and select 'This month' or 'Last month' or select a custom timeframe. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 29 of 35

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Why is there no fee calculator at the Virtual Terminal?

I know about the third-party "Square Fee Calculator." But why is this necessary? Is it illegal for Square to provide a Square Fee Calculator? What law is this? Thanks in advance.

Message 30 of 35
Admin

Hey @JoGirl65, I've merged your post in to this thread so you can see how to view the fees paid on any transaction from your online Dashboard.

I understand that a fee calculator would be useful and I'll share your request with the Virtual Terminal team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 31 of 35

I'm unable to see fees paid in invoices. We received a partial payment (50%) from our customer, when we click on the invoice and view the popup window on the right it doesn't show us the fee amount paid to Square. This fee amount doesn't show up in the emails either. When will this functionality be added or is there a way to see the fees. I will probably search for another credit card processing vendor since this is necessary for accounting purposes and Square makes it unbelievably hard to find out the fees paid.

Message 32 of 35
Super Seller

Hey @Sixnel 

I'm doing this from the square online.  If you goto the invoice, and click on the invoice, the pop up on the right under payments will be a highlighted blue text that says "view payment details".  Once you click on that, scroll all the way down to the bottom and it will give you the break down of fees. 

Screenshot 2021-05-10 5.37.30 PM.png2nd.png

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 33 of 35

Thanks, but that link doesn't show up for this transaction. It shows up for other ones but not on this one. Maybe because the person paid only 50% of the invoice?

Message 34 of 35

Thanks, but that link doesn't show up for this transaction. It shows up for other ones but not on this one. Maybe because the person paid only 50% of the invoice?

Message 35 of 35