x

How can i remove the metal plate from my register?

I accidentally attached my metal plate to my register before plugging the power cords into it. I watched a youtbube video and it said that you will not be able to get it off. Is this true? Has anyone found a way to remove the metal plate?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @WestAvenue - 

It is true that our video on Youtube shows that you should stick down the plate first and then mount your Square Register to the plate. Since you mounted your Square Register to the plate first, you can go ahead and stick the unit + plate to your counter. Once the adhesive is set (30 minutes), you should be able to twist your Square Register counter-clockwise to remove the unit and plug it in. 

I hope this helps - let us know if you need anything else!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @WestAvenue - 

It is true that our video on Youtube shows that you should stick down the plate first and then mount your Square Register to the plate. Since you mounted your Square Register to the plate first, you can go ahead and stick the unit + plate to your counter. Once the adhesive is set (30 minutes), you should be able to twist your Square Register counter-clockwise to remove the unit and plug it in. 

I hope this helps - let us know if you need anything else!

Message 2 of 11

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: "New Square Register"

Just received and set up "New Square Register" with built in customer display....What a dream and breeze!!!

My question is Can you remove it from the metal plate once you have rotated and locked it into place?

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Welcome to the Community @Mortara!

Yes you can remove the Register from the metal plate by rotating it counter-clockwise and then lifting it off the plate. (It's the opposite action shown in this YouTube video to mount your Register.)

If you're having trouble removing it call our CS team and a team member will walk you through the steps.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Register!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 11

Thank you Helen, actually the reason I asked was it specifically states in the video embedded with email acknowledgement of my new system and I am paraphrasing “Do not attach metal plate to square register before securing it to counter, you will not be able to remove it”

I will give it a shot and thanks again!!

Message 5 of 11
Admin

@Mortara Hmm, perhaps I misunderstood your post. I thought you were asking how to remove the Register from the plate after the plate has already been fixed to your counter! 

If you did already stick the plate to the base of the Register please take a look at the suggested steps in this thread.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 11

Hello again Helen,

Yes that was my question...I guess I may have gotten a mis-cue from the video, as I thought it said once together, you could not remove square register from plate...Sorry......in any event thank you very much for the timely responses....

Message 7 of 11
Admin

I see what you mean now, I'm sorry for the trouble! I'll share that feedback with the video team.

It sounds like you're all set now but if you have any other questions when your setting up your reader you can search the Community for existing posts or start a new thread. 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 11

Hi. I have Square register that's almost 3 years old. The adhesive that attaches it to the counter has worn out, so that the register can move around. I have a replacement metal plate, but can't remove the original one. I've tried pressing down on it with my weight and turning counterclockwise, but it doesn't work. Does anyone have suggestions?

Steve

Message 9 of 11
Super Seller

@Steveg417 You might be better served scraping the old adhesive off using a scraper and goo gone or something like that (maybe a heat gun to help loosen it) and just reapply a good double sided adhesive.  The risk is shearing off the screw on the plate in the bottom of the swivel.  If you do that then you are stuck using adhesive directly on the bottom of the register.  I have used one of those round furniture moving pads to sit a register on, but if you want it stationary, the adhesive is the only way to go.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Steveg417 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I hope this information in this thread is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11