x

How do I Link or Change my Bank Account?

How and where can I change the bank account that is linked to my Square Register Account?

Message 1 of 99
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great Question! You can Link and Edit your Bank Account at anytime from your Square Dashboard. To link a bank account, follow these steps:

• Sign in to Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.

• Add the requested bank account information. When adding a name for your bank, pick any name that will help you identify the account. It doesn’t have to be the same name on the bank account. It’s good to note that your account and routing numbers are usually listed at the bottom of your checks. Some credit unions use electronic account numbers for deposits from Square (ACH transactions), which can be different than the account number on your checks. You’ll want to confirm with your credit union that you’re using the correct account number.
  • Click Verify Account.

Once you change your banking information, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the changes. For security reasons, you will need to click on that email within 24 hours to kick start the verification process.

One thing to keep in mind, verifying a new bank account can take up to 5 business days, until the bank verification is fully complete any funds will be sent to your previously linked bank account. 

To see more about linking or editing your banking information please see this video:

This post was updated October 12, 2017 to include a video resource. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 99
98 REPLIES 98
Square Community Moderator

Hey @gloriareed15

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I Link or Change my Bank Account?

Check out the Best Answer on this post on how to link/edit your bank account information. 

It should take 3-5 business days for verification on the new account. 

Please let me know if you have an other questions!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 85 of 99

How to connect new account information

Message 86 of 99

New account

Message 87 of 99

Hi @Lb6,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community that goes over how to link and edit your bank account.

In the future- don't hesitate to search your question first before making a new thread since there's existing threads and Support Center articles for general questions like this to get your quickest answer.

Ashley C
Message 88 of 99

Hi I’m need to change my bank please help

Message 89 of 99

I can’t link my card to this square setup 

Message 90 of 99

bank change or at least delete the old that I haven't banked with in years

Message 91 of 99
Alumni

Check out the thread I moved your post to. Kelly lends a hand up top! @addict4plants

Justin
Message 92 of 99

how do i change my bank account information

Message 93 of 99

Hey there, @mel2hughes

Welcome to the Community. 

I have moved your post to a thread where other sellers have brought up question on changing bank accounts and those questions have been answered. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 94 of 99

How do I switch bank accounts(delete old bank info and set up a new account) used for my sales deposits?

Message 95 of 99
Admin

Hey @Alwaysinbloomfl, thanks for reaching out. I went to check and it looks like a handful of sellers asked a similar question. Have a look at @Kelly's reply in this thread and let us know if that helps!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 96 of 99

how do i change my bank  acct

Message 97 of 99

Put info in but it would not recognize the new information ,kept saying wrong info!?

Message 98 of 99

Hello @KenJohnston,

Great to see you posting in the Seller Community for the first time, welcome! 🤗 

What we typically recommend is calling your bank to verify and confirm that you are inputting the correct information. If you feel like the information you are inputting is correct, double-check to make sure that the information is in the right place (i.e routing is in the routing box, account is in the account box).

I have included this guide as a helpful navigator for you as well. Let me know if you still have questions after trying all the above!

Frida
Message 99 of 99