x

How do I add a customer's name to a receipt?

It seems there is no way to add a customer's name to a receipt except in the notes section? I had previously found a thread that dated back to 2017 stating this was an issue then. As a healthcare provider, my customers/clients must have their names, date of service, service rendered and other specific information on their receipt in order to be reimbursed by their insurance provider. As a small business owner, I cannot possibly add all this information to each person's receipt at every visit. That would be unnecessarily time consuming and costly for both myself and the consumer. We struggle enough not being able to take insurance at all. This is not helpful. I recently had to spend several hours cross-referencing receipt numbers with names from transactions from my website to find a missing payment. Ridiculous! Please fix or add a work around. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Yeeha234!

The customer's name will show on the receipt if they're added to your Customer Directory and the name is added to the sale before you make the sale. 

On the Point of Sale checkout screen, you should see an arrow pointing down at the top.

That'll allow you to add the customer from there.

To save time, we'd recommend adding each client to your Directory before they check out or when they sign in the for the first time with you so that way all you have to do is select their name when you're checking them out because you would have already inputted their name and personal information beforehand.

Let me know if this helps!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I CAN'T FIND MY CUSTOMERS NAME ON THE RECEIPT FOR THE PURCHASE,

HOW CAN I CORRECT??

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NCAR,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community on how to add your customer's name to receipts for future transactions.

This isn't something that's automatically done and has to be manually entered due to cardholder privacy. They have to give you their information to input. 

The steps are above in my last post!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4