x

How do I add the Pickup or Delivery pop-up window to my online store?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Pickup or Delivery Pop up window

How do I make a Pickup or Delivery Pop up window appear when customers enter the online store? I noticed YaYa brewing did it. Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 1.01.47 PM.png

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Hey there @RoseGarage - it sounds like you'll want to set up local delivery and pickup!

If you're new, or haven't already set up your Square online store, take a look at this thread first. To get started with Curbside Pickup, take a look at this thread. Since you'd like to offer both of these options, also make sure to head over to this post about setting up a local delivery option.

Once you've set up both curbside pickup and delivery, your customers will see both of these options when they go to place an order through your Square online store.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 16

Customers can not see a pick-up option. Please help

Message 3 of 16
Alumni

Hey there @PennybLee - I've moved your post over to this thread where we've laid out how to ensure that your customers will see Pickup as a fulfillment option during checkout. Please let us know if this doesn't quite get you where you need to be!

Valentina
Message 4 of 16

I called tech support and the guy on the phone was  able to switch my page to a different design template that had the Pickup Delivery pop up window.  I had to redo my whole page afterwords but it worked.

Jay

rosegaragebrewing.square.site

Message 5 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know you got this one solved, @RoseGarden! Let us know if anything else comes up. We are here to help! 

Joe
Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

How do you add shipping as a 3rd option for that pop-up window?

Wondering for my site I'm about to introduce to customers once ready:

sallys-gluten-free-bakery.square.site

Since we offer pick up, delivery, and shipping, I just don't want customers who know they want items shipped to get discouraged first thing and leave my store

Message 7 of 16
Admin

Hey @tmowings I hear your concerns regarding this, but unfortunately there is not a way to edit the pop up window at the moment, but it is a feature request we are tracking.

You can always place a banner on your website stating you still accept shipping if you think that will help put some of your customers at ease!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

AshleyK
Message 8 of 16
Beta Member

I have the opposite question -- is it possible to turn OFF the pop-up window on the online site? I find it distracting that it pops up, and the vast majority of our orders are pickups.  I would like someone to be able to change to delivery or shipping if they want at checkout, but I'd rather it default to pickup without the pop-up window if possible. 

Message 9 of 16

Hi there, @roughdraftny 👋 You can edit and turn off pop-ups for the Online Store directly from the Pop-Up Menu on the Online Store Dashboard.

The navigation is as follows:

• Select Online Store on the left-hand navigation bar
  • > Website
  • > Pop-ups

I hope this gets you where you need to be! Feel free to reach out if anything else comes up or if you have any clarifying questions.

Joe
Message 10 of 16
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply Joe! But it doesn't look like that menu has the option to turn off the shipping/delivery/pickup pop-up ... maybe that one just has to be there?  

Message 11 of 16

You might just have to switch to a different template. I had no customers using the delivery pickup options so I switched back to a template that doesn't have the pop up.

Message 12 of 16

The inability to turn this pop-up off is frustrating and seems silly from a user's perspective. I feel like the features that are added are always half-baked and receive the same "work in progress" answer without any etas. 

Message 13 of 16

Hi, how did you pick a different template design?

Message 14 of 16

Hi @floresbakehaus - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

We recommend that you contact our Square Online Store Support Team to assist you with changing the design template for your site. As @RoseGarage mentioned above, they needed to do some additional editing to their website after the template was changed. Our Online Store Team will be able to help you through this process and answer any questions you may have before or after the edit 🙂

If you'd like to speak with our Support Team by phone, you can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6am-6pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here. Thank you!

Violet
Message 15 of 16

Thank you. 😊  I was helped by Briana from the support team. She helped me out and my issue was resolved. 

Message 16 of 16