x

When I accept a credit card is the balance automatically added to my Square Card?

When I accept a payment are the funds automatically available on my square card or do I have to deposit the funds first. 

Message 1 of 14
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: When I accept a credit card is the balance automatically added to my Square Card?

Hello! Just to add here that yes the funds will be available in your Square Card balance right away — though it might take 5 minutes for the balance to update in the app.

Also, when you activate your Square Card your deposits will change from being automatically deposited to your bank to manual deposits. This means if you accept card payments on Monday, those funds will be available to spend with your Square Card on Monday -  and Tuesday/the rest of the week - until you choose to manually deposit your balance to your bank

Let me know if you have any other questions about Square Card! 

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! Just to add here that yes the funds will be available in your Square Card balance right away — though it might take 5 minutes for the balance to update in the app.

Also, when you activate your Square Card your deposits will change from being automatically deposited to your bank to manual deposits. This means if you accept card payments on Monday, those funds will be available to spend with your Square Card on Monday -  and Tuesday/the rest of the week - until you choose to manually deposit your balance to your bank

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller

from my understanding of the Square Card, I am getting mine this week, the funds are available immediately after you swipe the card for the payment transaction into your account.  what I'm not 100% sure on is, let's say, your funds are deposited overnight and you haven't made a transaction yet at 9 am so you Square account balance is 0.  I'm assuming that there will be nothing for the account to draw on since you have no active Square balance and the purchasing transaction would fail.

Message 2 of 14
Admin

Best Answer

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 14

I accepted a payment on monday night and its still not showing in my available balance of square card.

Message 4 of 14
Square Community Moderator

HI @DarrinG - thanks for reaching out and letting us know! We're not able to see account information here from the Seller Community, and there could be a few different causes impacting your balance.

We would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly! They can get you taken care of.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 14

so i just received a credit card transaction for 9800.00 yesterday but it is still not available as a balance but the transaction went threw... Now what.  it said it is being reviewed for fraud and to wait one day.  that was yesrerday...nothing today...now what

Message 6 of 14

anyone got an answer for this one....

Message 7 of 14

HI @babydriver6241

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know! We're not able to see account information here from the Seller Community, and there could be a few different causes impacting your balance.

We'd be happy to help look into this further, please reaching out to our Support Team directly. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 14

am still having same issues... how do we go about this ?   why balance not updating??

Message 9 of 14

Welcome to the Community, @johnlydo02

Have you received any emails or Dashboard notifications about your account? 

Normally, if there is an issue with receiving your funds our Account Services team could need some more information. Check your Dashboard to see if the form to submit is available

Another option would be to reach out to our CS Team directly since this would be an issue that is account specific. 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Kassi
Message 10 of 14

having the same issue and my balance is not updating

Message 11 of 14

Hi there, @HelenK1984 - thanks for reaching out and letting us know you are experiencing this problem with your Square Card. 

Have you flagged this over to our Support Team directly? We're not able to see account-specific issues here on the Community, but our teams would love to get some direct visibility on this for you.

We will keep an eye out for your contact! 

Joe
Message 12 of 14
Super Seller

@Darlyncreations If you took a. payment Friday and didn't see it basically immediately then there may have been an issue with an incomplete/ unfinished or offline transaction.

check your transaction history here to see if you see it.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions

If you don't see it here then 

Message 13 of 14

Same thing here payment went through after waiting 4days showing paid but it's not showing up in my balance, my balance still 0 just started hope this not a rip off called customer support they said send in a couple documents which is optional on the site I did now have to wait more days

Message 14 of 14