x

How do I arrange the order my items appear in Square for Retail?

I have items and categories and would like to arrange the order in which they appear in my Check-out page. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Did you try using the Favorites Tab and putting them in order?

On your point of sale, at the bottom of the list of "Favorites", there should be an "Edit Favorites" button, and then you can drag and drop from the 3 lines on the right side and arrange them in the order you would like.

On Android you have 3 tabs at the top   Keypad, Library, and Favorites.

Tap Favorites.

Long Tap a Blank area and a Permission code comes up.... enter your code.

The Blank Square should have a + sign to add a new favorite item or Category...

If you want to move an Item or Categories order Long Tap it to you can position it to an empty area...

Repeat till you have them arranged the way you like.

When your Done tap the Done.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for trying to help. I don't have a favorites tab, but do have a favorites field/column on my checkout screen. However, I have too many categories & items that arranging a list there would not be helpful. The goal is to not have to scroll through pages of items to locate something. I am using Square for Retail and an iPad connected to a square stand. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@mtodd;

I am also using a Square Stand with the Ipad, and have a Favorites tab I can click on.  I put in a Few of the more popular categories that I did not have barcodes for.   With the Ipad camera you can read Barcodes and QR codes.  If you have that many items and do not have a handheld scanner I would recommend getting the barcodes into Square as the SKU.  Then using the camera on the Ipad to input the sale.  By having the SKU field defined as you Barcode you can eliminate scrolling through the screens.  If item is not in Square when you scan it, Square will ask if you want to add the item and have the SKU field prefilled.

My first page of the Checkout Screen:

Main Checkout PageMain Checkout Page

Red comments and Circled areas are for Explanation:

Circled Camera for Barcode.jpg

The Ipad Camera here is a little sensitive and sometimes scans the item double, in my testing.  Also if the Camera area that pops up is Black you are probably using the front facing camera and not the rear facing one.  So if you sell Items with Barcodes this way with the camera is the quickest way to enter items to the checkout screen without an additional barcode reader.

After pressing  2x6 Pillars in my Favorites I get the picture below, which puts the Items in 2 column which will cut down the pages you need to scroll through.  I used my categories as the Header for my Favorites, and then my Items are listed in the 2 columns.

Variations page.jpg

Off Screen below the 2x6 Pillars is a Blue text that says EDIT Favorites.... which allows you to add and put in an order your Favorites on this screen.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4