x

How do I cancel a refund I accidentally requested today?

I accidentally refunded the wrong customer today.  I immediately tried to find a way to void the refund request but cannot find anywhere. I called support but they have limited phone support today.  Please help.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel a refund.  I know it would be nice too but look at it from a customers perspective, if you gave them a refund and then after they left cancelled that refund.  You need to contact the customer.  you will have to do some detective work unless you have all their data already in your customer database.  Hopefully, you'll at least have a name to go off of.

Message 2 of 6

Accidentally refunded the incorrect customer. How can I REVERSE the refund? It's WAY too easy for this to happen!!!!

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @denverb,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community around reversing a refund.

Check out VanKalker's post above for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I accidentally refunded a customer to a bank account that they no longer use, I spoke with the bank a couple weeks ago and they said they don't have any contingencies in place to deal with anything like that, so the the funds are basically in digital limbo. I would love any info that could help me reacquire those funds. 

Thanks 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @danacollinslmt,

I moved your post off the Live Q&A thread because it's not relevant to what the Live Q&A thread was posted for which is Square messages.

I moved it to this existing thread that goes over what you'll need to do which is charge the customer again. If we sent the refund back it's in their bank's hands once it's processed.

Check out our Refund Overview Support Center page here.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6