x

How do you cancel a recurring appointment (as a client/customer)?

How do I cancel a recurring appointment as a customer. I have a barber that moved out of town and I can't get him to cancel the series of appointments. On my side I can only cancel 1 at a time. I would block the square number and email address, but my new barber uses square as well. PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @John1983, I'm really sorry for this late reply. Currently only the business that created the recurring series of appointments can cancel the entire series. 

Update: As a client you can update your notification preferences to stop receiving notifications about a recurring series (if you haven't been able to contact the business owner to cancel the appointment). To update your preferences:

1. Go to the booking website of the business in question.
  2. Click Sign in and enter your phone number to request your sign in code. 
  3. Click the icon in the upper right > click My Profile.
  4. Under Preferred Method of Communication select Don't send notifications.

This will not affect any other appointments you book or recurring series of appointments you have already booked with another business. 

As you haven't been able to contact this barber I went ahead and started a case for you with our CS team. They can reach out to the business owner on your behalf and share a message with them for you. A member of our team will email you with the next steps as soon as they can. Thanks for your patience. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @John1983, I'm really sorry for this late reply. Currently only the business that created the recurring series of appointments can cancel the entire series. 

Update: As a client you can update your notification preferences to stop receiving notifications about a recurring series (if you haven't been able to contact the business owner to cancel the appointment). To update your preferences:

1. Go to the booking website of the business in question.
  2. Click Sign in and enter your phone number to request your sign in code. 
  3. Click the icon in the upper right > click My Profile.
  4. Under Preferred Method of Communication select Don't send notifications.

This will not affect any other appointments you book or recurring series of appointments you have already booked with another business. 

As you haven't been able to contact this barber I went ahead and started a case for you with our CS team. They can reach out to the business owner on your behalf and share a message with them for you. A member of our team will email you with the next steps as soon as they can. Thanks for your patience. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

I haven't been able to find a thread specific to my issue so I'm hoping that adding it here will help.  I'm in a similar situation where I want to manage my appointments but I'm getting stuck on step 2 because I never receive the verification code to sign in.  I know my phone number on file is correct because I receive text alerts for upcoming appointments, however when I enter it to receive the code it displays in red and I have to click the Request Sign In Code button three times before it says a code has been sent to my number (which I never receive).  Clicking on the Resend Code link doesn't do anything either.  Do you have any suggestions?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Brian9,

We won't be able to assist with this from the Community as it's intended for seller to seller conversation.

Please contact our direct CS team here who can assist you further with regaining access to the account.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4