x

How do I cancel a refund I accidentally requested?

How do I cancel a refund I accidentally requested?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 65
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Unfortunately in most circumstances, it's not possible to cancel a refund. Once you take the final step in the refund process, which is to tap the final "Issue Refund" button, our system immediately begins processing to send the funds back to the customer's bank. 

At this point, I'd recommend contacting the customer to re-process the payment. If you sent the customer an email receipt, our support team can reach out to the customer on your behalf and request they contact you. If you'd like our support team to do that, please fill out this form.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

How do I stop an unauthotherized refund??

Message 43 of 65
Square

Hi @tquilty — So sorry to hear about the trouble! It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from Caty and let us know if that helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 44 of 65

I put my phone in my pocket after taking an order. Once I pulled it out to take another order I relized I had refunded my transactions while in my pocket. Is there a way to reverse a refund so that I can get my money back? 

Message 45 of 65
Square

@Chatterbox423 - So sorry to hear about the hiccup! Please check out Caty's answer on this thread for more details on your options. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 46 of 65

I over charge customer and i refund all mony

Message 47 of 65
Square

Hi @elzains — Sorry to hear about the trouble! It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply in this thread for the answer. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 48 of 65

Needing help as I am not sure if I already refunded an entire sale..I only meant to refund 10.00... now what?

Message 49 of 65
Square

Hi @Emma — So sorry to hear about the trouble! It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 50 of 65

Can you stop /cancel a refund ?? 

Message 51 of 65
Square

Hi @Shell28 — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 52 of 65

I accidentally refunded the wrong customer.  How do I get my money back?

Message 53 of 65
Square

Hi @ChipDe — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 54 of 65

I refunded in error. How do I correct this? The customer is not 

present. 

Thanks!

Message 55 of 65

Hey @Bruno2017, I went ahead and moved your post to this thread since it's a similar question. 

Once you select "issue refund" Square begins the process of returning the funds to the customer. Once the process has started, we won't be able to cancel it. I recomend reaching out to this customer to re-process the transaction. If they received an email receipt our Support Team will be able to reach out to them upon your behalf. 

Feel free to check out @Caty's answer on the first page of this thread! 

Message 56 of 65

How do I cancel a refund that I started to process 

Message 57 of 65
Super Seller

You can not cancel a refund.   you have to contact the customer to reprocess the payment.  

Message 58 of 65
Alumni

Hey there @zee

@VanKalkerFarms is correct - I went ahead and moved your post to this thread where other sellers have asked this question as well. Be sure to check out @Caty's answer on the first page of this thread. 

Message 59 of 65

It was suppose to be how to refund training and not an actually refund. 

Message 60 of 65

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "If I gave a refund mistakingly how can I cancel it from my square deposits" The author has been notified via email.

I got a deposit and I accidentally refunded it how can I stop the refund from going through

Message 61 of 65

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Refund question

Is there a way to cancel refunds?  

Message 62 of 65
Super Seller

There is not a way to cancel a refund. You would have to run the transaction again. 

Message 63 of 65