x

How do I change a customers name and email after invoiced incorrectly

How do I change a customers name and email after invoiced incorrectly

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hello. While you aren't able to edit the invoice after it is sent, you could cancel an invoice, and then re-send it. This article will walk you through the process: 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5137-send-invoices-online-with-square.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

Best Answer

Hello. While you aren't able to edit the invoice after it is sent, you could cancel an invoice, and then re-send it. This article will walk you through the process: 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5137-send-invoices-online-with-square.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 17

Thanks very much.

Message 3 of 17

edit email address of my invoiced customer

Message 4 of 17
Alumni

Try this thread I moved you to! @Ebenezer4

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 17

Occasionally a typo is made when creating a new customer on an invoice or estimate. Thus the customer does not receive the invoice. How can this be corrected or edited...so far I’ve not been able to do so. 
very frustrating!

Message 6 of 17
Alumni

Wassup @AD! Thanks for stopping by the Community.

An invoice cannot be edited once it's sent.

Duplicate the invoice and edit the details, then cancel the original invoice.

Justin
Message 7 of 17

One more reason to hate the most customer unfriendly software and company (Square) in the entire world. Absolutely insane. People change emails all the time. But I can't just update the email and hit resend like any reasonable software would do. I have to stand on my left toe with my right pinky in the air. I absolutely hate how frustrating Square is to use. HATE HATE HATE HATE!

Message 8 of 17

Very confused - got a message that the invoice is incorrect that the information doesn't match up.  I have contacted the customer and he said all the information is correct on the invoice.  What do I do? How can I find out what info doesn't match? Frustrating that I can't speak with anyone.

Message 9 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @JIGZFL

Are these recurring invoices? Or are you starting a brand new invoice? 

Also, double check the information in the customer's profile in your Directory. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 10 of 17

They say it can't be changed. My customer just asked me to change the invoice's name, and I can't. It's more than frustrating... 

Message 11 of 17

We are sorry about this inconvenience @artsuremesure. At this time there are no new updates in regard to this feature as a financial tech company we need to keep records of all changes so it is safe to assume that Engineers might be finding a way to make editing an already sent or paid invoice while at the same time preserving the edit history on file. I will pass your experience over to the team for visibility and consideration. 

JJ
Message 12 of 17
Beta Member

Any update on this?  It looks so unprofessional that I have to cancel the invoice and resubmit because of a change in the client record.  

Message 13 of 17

Hi @IbD,

Thanks for checking in on this thread. Once an invoice is sent, it cannot be edited and will have to be resent to represent the changes made. We'll continue to pass on your feedback to our team. 

Message 14 of 17

Years later, a simple issue that creates a ton of frustration hadn't been solved. Time to move to a diffrenet company since this one obviosly doesn't care. Just ignorant responses like 'no, it cannot be done'.

Message 15 of 17

Hello, @ChipYYC

We truly sorry to hear about the frustration you're experiencing. Your feedback and sentiment is completely valid, we understand how important it is to have your concerns resolved. I genuinely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lack of attention towards this feature. We would like to invite you to our Ideate Board here to provide any additional details related to this feature. This board has greater visibility with our Square Product team.

We appreciate your patience while we improve our Square services. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 16 of 17
Beta Member

This is why it takes years for Square to fix a "bug".  This sort of thing shouldn't need the ponderings of a pretentious body called an "Ideate Board" to implement.  Moving to a PoS service that gives two cents, and doesn't over-charge.

Later!

Message 17 of 17