x

How do I change business name?

How do I apply discounts? When entering order and go to checkout; I expected an Apply Discount option (which I have 3 to select from. Also, how do I change business name and email.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

I’m no longer in business as JCB HAIR STUDIO 

I want to use my sole business MBellish By CharMega 

Message 2 of 17
Square Champion

On your web dashboard, click on the Account & Settings option. Your business name can be changed on that first page that appears. This is assuming you're not changing your EIN/SSN. If you are, you'll need to contact customer support.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 17

I've changed the business name under my Accounts, business information and even Location. However, in my payroll section the business name is still showing the old one. I have legally changed the name of the entity and need to update my account here. There is no change with regard to the EIN, just the name of the entity needs to be updated.

Message 4 of 17
Alumni

You'll want to get in touch with our Payroll team for a bit of help with this one, @mrjazzitup. First, you'll need to log into your Square account, then either send an email our way here or give us a call.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 17

That was a wonderful idea. It was very detailed and descriptive. However, it didn't work. 😞

square1.jpgsquare2.jpgsquare3.jpgsquare4.jpg

Message 6 of 17

I changed mine and if I try to start a new campaign, the old name shows up, how can I change it ?

Message 7 of 17
Square Champion

Hello @Gzollfrank 

The setting I mentioned above is one part you'll need to change. This was an oversight on my part for the second spot you'll need to update your name. My apologies!!

Once you're done with the steps I mentioned above, go to Business -> Locations on your web dashboard. Click on the location name(s) on the right side, then change the names on the screen that pops up.

Especially with marketing emails, your store name is pulled from the Location setting versus the main account information.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 8 of 17

It still shows the old place I worked at, not the new one and I changed everything 

Message 9 of 17
Admin

@Gzollfrank

When you are in the Marketing campaign, if it is showing the wrong name in the header, we'll want to make sure you've changed the business name in the Header image.

Click on the Header of the Marketing Email you are trying to send.  Click on the box that says "Show Business Name and Logo" Make sure the business name that populates below that window shows the correct business name.

When you've made changes to your locations/business name, but have previously used Square Marketing, that header will remember the old business name until it is updated.

Doing this on a supported Google Chrome browser on a desktop is the best way to ensure this information is saved for the future. Hope that helps! If not let us know, we can look further into this!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 10 of 17

I've looked for this setting and can't seem to find it.  I don't see a "business" link in my options.  please advise.

Message 11 of 17

I've changed my business name to and on the checkout it just says MY BUSINESS it does not show the name.  how do I change this?

Message 12 of 17
Square Community Moderator

@Mbellishcm @LashKult @keeshmartin

Hi there! If you changed your business name under Account & Settings. Also, check under Locations to make sure the location name is changed too! 

You can find Locations under Account & Settings --> Business --> Locations. 

Kassi
Message 13 of 17

I can't find a setting or an answer anywhere.

Message 14 of 17

How do I change the name of the business. I changed it in settings took new pics but it didn’t keep the info there was no where to save the new info.

Message 15 of 17

Hi @Nantay429 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that answers this question.

Check out the answers in the thread for details. In the future- don't hesitate to search your question first to get your quickest answer as it usually is already answered in the Community or Support Center.

Ashley C
Message 16 of 17

Hey there @CG2020 -

Here is a Support Article to help you apply the discount at checkout! 

Also, you can change the business name and email address through your Account & Settings on your Dashboard. 

Kassi
Message 17 of 17