x

How do I change my regular business hours?

I need help adjusting my regular business hours so everyday and week is set on the same schedule for every. I can only change it day by day and well I have no time for that. Please help no other thread gave me the correct answer I need help asap. 

Message 1 of 51
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Mthurston and @rjh1

I'm sorry that the both of you have been having trouble with adjusting your business hours. You can adjust this setting on your Square Dashboard. Once you login to your Dashboard head to Account & Settings > Business > Locations > Select the location you wish to adjust. On this new page if you scroll down you will see the option to edit your business hours. 

You'll see Monday - Sunday and any time that you set will be your business hours going forward for that day. 

You can also find the steps under Manage Multiple Locations with Square.

This post was edited in 2022.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

I also need help....difficult to navigate the system

Message 2 of 51

Best Answer

Hello @Mthurston and @rjh1

I'm sorry that the both of you have been having trouble with adjusting your business hours. You can adjust this setting on your Square Dashboard. Once you login to your Dashboard head to Account & Settings > Business > Locations > Select the location you wish to adjust. On this new page if you scroll down you will see the option to edit your business hours. 

You'll see Monday - Sunday and any time that you set will be your business hours going forward for that day. 

You can also find the steps under Manage Multiple Locations with Square.

This post was edited in 2022.

Message 3 of 51

Message 4 of 51
Beta Member

That was helpful. I found exactly where to enter hours for my shop. What I wish is that I could post somewhere is that our hours are "by appointment". Our shop is in our home, and we're limiting customers so that we remain as Covid-safe as possible. On Square I can see where to enter hours day-by-day, but I see no option for "by appointment". I have it several places on the website, but I wish I could make it official. I'm switching from Weebly to Square Online, and I can't figure out how to do that on Weebly either. Is there some nifty trick? Should I just wait until I actually have a Square Online website? Will that be an option when I do?

Message 5 of 51

this didn't work for me, HELP lol i changed my hours on my online booking but somehow my clients are still able to book

Message 6 of 51

Thank you, Soo much. That other wasted 1/2 hour of my life. It really should be easier though. 

Message 7 of 51
Beta Member

I have followed the instructions and change my hours on Square dashboard.

However, the online hours section shows no change. How do I change the content for hours on line.

I do not enjoy having three separate places to adjust information. I am constantly going from Weebly, to Square dashboard to square app. I think some more thoughtfulness in making features and syncs the same functionality would be a better option.

This is especially true for adding new items. I prefer to add directly to the website because you can add more than one photo but adding options and variations and stock is more difficult on the online page.

Message 8 of 51

I agree.  Have the same problem  Changed with Google browser, Chrome browser, to no avail

Message 9 of 51

I have done this numerous times, as well as in the locations/order pick up tab. It doesn't carry over to my website.

Message 10 of 51
Square Community Moderator

Hey @lund0420 and @winter68,

You can update hours for pickup/delivery under > Settings Pickup/Delivery for Square Online.

We also just rolled out restricted hours/dates that's detailed here for holidays/special events. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 51

I cannot find pick up/delivery section.

Can you please tell me in which subsection is it located?

Thanks

Message 12 of 51

Hey @cafedephothai 👋

You can find the Pick up and Delivery section under Fulfillment:

I hope this helps! 

Ps. Welcome to the Seller Community 🙂

Message 13 of 51

How do I change hours to close for the season? We are a golf course. Closed in Winter in Buffalo NY

Message 14 of 51

Hi @rickmanguso,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to our community! We love seeing new faces here 🙂

You can change your hours via Account & Settings > Business > Locations. Select your location, and edit your hours from there. You'd just have to change your hours back once you're open again. I hope this helps!  

Message 15 of 51
Super Seller

Hi @Arie 

I've tried that before. Removed all business hours for the location and it still shows the previous hours setting on my square website. So customers think we're open when we're not. 

I then tested removing all hours except for one day where I had the business open for 1 hour and that DID work and updated on my Square website. Showing closed for every day but the one day I set to 1 hour. 

It seems removing all hours will not update the website to show closed on every day.

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 16 of 51

hey!! I am having this same issue right now..how did you fix it?

Message 17 of 51

Oddly I had to delete all the hours, save and publish, then went back in and put the new hours in. For some reason that worked.

Message 18 of 51

Hi. It was simpler than they make it. If you use the calendar app, open up your calendar. On the top right corner are 3 dots. Hit that. That will open your calendar settings at the top page for recurring changes or one time. That simple. I struggled with crazy advice for ever. Good luck

Paul 

Message 19 of 51

Too complicated. Just open calendar app. Hit the 3 dots on right top corner. It opens up calendar settings and then you can change your hours for one time or new recurring. Easy. 

Message 20 of 51

I have done this 4 times now...it has never actually saved on my website. I just don't feel like this should be this hard!

Message 21 of 51