x

How do I change the subject line for order prepared email?

How do I change the subject line for order prepared email that Square sends with my online orders?

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @RedDiscSeal - Appreciate you posting in the Seller Community!

Unfortunately the subject lines aren't editable for Square Online emails. This is a feature request that I'm happy to pass along to our Product Team. Let us know if you have any other questions that come up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @RedDiscSeal - Appreciate you posting in the Seller Community!

Unfortunately the subject lines aren't editable for Square Online emails. This is a feature request that I'm happy to pass along to our Product Team. Let us know if you have any other questions that come up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 20

Thank you Nika for the response.

I sell a plastic disc and an o-ring online and use Square for the transactions. The subject line for purchase confirmation email sent to my customers is “your download is ready” which is confusing to my customers. Also the email sent to my customers once the order is ready for shipment is “your order is ready to be picked up”. All orders are shipped, therefore, this subject line is also confusing to my customers. If possible, the subject line for purchase confirmation should be “your order has been received”. And, the subject line for email sent when order is ready for shipment should be “your order is packed and it’s ready to be shipped”. This will greatly reduce the customer confusion. Thank you.
Message 3 of 20
Alumni

If your customers are receiving an email with Pickup verbiage, but the item you are selling is set up with Shipping as the fulfillment option, you may want to get in touch with our team directly so they can clarify why your customers are receiving a message with pickup instructions. They should be able to help confirm that your fulfillment methods are set up properly, @RedDiscSeal!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 20

Thank you for that response. I will contact them.

Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

I agree with you the whole, "your Download is ready" is the dumbest thing. It should be, your order has been received. Like why make things hard.

This is very frustrating and we definitely need the ability to edit the subject header.

Message 6 of 20

@tinkastreats I AGREE! It is frustrating and I can't seem to get an answer if they are going to offer the ability to change the subject line or not. Thinking about switching platforms because this will be very confusing to my customers if they receive this subject line after they order!

Message 7 of 20
Beta Member

Yes. Please pass this feature on.

Message 8 of 20
Beta Member

Please do ask them to allow us to edit subject lines or at least create and option for a 100% customizable email campaign. I am sorry I signed up for Square appointments and Square marketing. The lack of customization is unconscionable. Its not that hard to let people customize their emails and text campaigns. Will probably switch back to my old system which was a pain in the **bleep** but at least let me customize. This does not fulfill my needs at all. 

Message 9 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hello @geezlouise,

Thank you for reaching out. I confirmed with our Marketing Team you are able to edit the subject. You just need to click, erase default, and put whatever you like. I hope this is what you are looking for, if not please let us know. 

Message 10 of 20
Beta Member

Huh. I tried that and it didn't work but I just tested it out and now it does. Maybe I was trying at the wrong point. Well yay. Now if I could just customize the automated texts through Appointments and under contracts attach my outside generated intake form, all my wishes will have come true.

Thank you for your help.

Message 11 of 20

Where do you get to this view? I am not seeing Campaigns anywhere - is this a paid feature? I am trying to change the standard Confirmation email Subject line.
Thank you,
Erin

Message 12 of 20

This situation will need to be addressed by our Support team over the phone @erodgers411 Please give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. 

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 20

I am seeing the same thing - Your Download is Ready - this makes no sense at all when it's a product/item that will be shipped or picked up by someone. Has anyone found a way to change this email subject?
Thank you!
Erin

Message 14 of 20

Hi! I would also like to request this feature. When I receive order notifications, it's just a random string of numbers that's really meaningless for me and how I organize things. I would love to be able to pick a field to populate the subject like customer name or item. 

Message 15 of 20

Hi @melissaleeanne 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community! 

This thread has a mix of different email questions, and I want to make sure I'm fully understanding your request. Are you referring to the Order Confirmation email from purchases made through your Square Online website? I'm not familiar with the "random string of numbers" you described. 🤔

If possible, could you provide a screenshot of what you see from your end? Please make sure to crop the image so that you do not accidentally post any private information like email addresses or full names. 

Thanks in advance! 😊

Message 16 of 20

Hi Bernadettea, the "random string of numbers" is the order number, but it would be more helpful to me to choose a field from the order so when I get a new order it might read: "Order from Customer Name" or "Round Layer Cake - 8 servings" rather than the randomly generated order number. I was not able to upload an image, but hopefully this  clarifies what I meant in my previous comment. 

Message 17 of 20

Ah, I see, @melissaleeanne Thank you for clarifying!

I wasn't able to find a current feature request thread (US-based) for this. I would recommend heading over to the Ideate Boards to submit the request, and notate why this particular feature is important for your business. 

Thanks! 

Message 18 of 20

Honestly it's pathetic that this is still an issue. Especially from a company as big as Square. This is basic **bleep**, blocking and tackling. Somebody needs to care upstairs about making the product work for the customers.

Message 19 of 20

Hi @BGI-Networking,

Thanks for your input. 

I just want to clarify that you are also getting " your Download is ready" in the subject line of your order email? 

When you have a moment if you can provide me a little more details. 

Message 20 of 20