x

How do I charge the credit card the customer used to book appointment without marking it as no-show?

How do I charge the credit card the customer used to book appointment without marking it at no-show?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Kona2018, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up—you can do this with the Card on File feature. Once your customer's card is added to their profile after booking an appointment, follow these steps:

1. Open the Appointments app and select the appropriate appointment in your calendar.
  2. Select Review and Check Out > Charge.
  3. On the next screen, tap Card on File and select the appropriate customer.
  4. Tap Charge.
  5. Confirm the payment by tapping Charge one more time.

For more information, have a look at this article: Use Card on File with Square Appointments.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Kona2018, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up—you can do this with the Card on File feature. Once your customer's card is added to their profile after booking an appointment, follow these steps:

1. Open the Appointments app and select the appropriate appointment in your calendar.
  2. Select Review and Check Out > Charge.
  3. On the next screen, tap Card on File and select the appropriate customer.
  4. Tap Charge.
  5. Confirm the payment by tapping Charge one more time.

For more information, have a look at this article: Use Card on File with Square Appointments.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 6

Thank you 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Happy to help! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 6

What if the card is not saved to the customer but is on file for no show? Can the card info be received to take a payment?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @klashllc - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 I'm happy to help you with this question.

If your client did not opt-in to provide their payment info for Card on File, you would not be able to charge their card for anything aside from no-show protection without the card being present. For future bookings, you can require clients to save a card on file while booking online and to authorize the card for future payments. For more info on this, please see this article from our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6