x

How do I collect emails for Square marketing?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square marketing

Does the emails that are collected via credit card transactions feed square marketing ir do I have to collect the emails?

Message 1 of 25
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

those emails do go toward your marketing, but I would collect them separately too with the email collection feature.  those collected via receipt screen you don't have access to, only Square does, but if you collect them with email collection then you have access to the data and can export it if you wish.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5976-get-started-with-email-collection-tools

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @TKRich 👋

Customers who sign up for your mailing list will be reflected in the Collected Emails group of your Customer Directory.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Square Community Moderator

Great question, @SamuelDesgagne1

When you're in your Dashboard under the Online tab, have you tried going to Communication? 

This is where those email addresses would end up. If you don't see them there, please let me know and I will circle back. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 25
Beta Member

Since it's not a popup window, it should not be there. Mine is the footer option in the website editor.

SamuelDesgagne1_0-1644268099806.png

Message 23 of 25
Beta Member

I found them go to:

Home - Online - Marketing- Mailing list- All

Message 24 of 25

Not sure if this was answered already above

I had the same problem as others - the subscribed emails were not showing up immediately in the Customer Database. In fact, the process was working; it just took several hours (i.e. the next day) to appear.

Message 25 of 25